The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Safe performance Upgrade's..

Supra-love

So just how much power can a standard toyota supra TT handle??

Im getting a bog standard one in a few months and i want to make it about 400 BHP...

Without spending loads or ruining the mechanic's of it Ofc.

What can i do that is cheap yet very reliable and boosting the car up to that much??

Mabye getting hybrids?

Would be nice to get some advice on this subject,and anything else i should know would be greatfull too guy's.. Thanks.

Luke..

That's a great thread there but im not sure this would be giving 400bhp..

In the long run im looking for a 4sec car.

Looking to boost performance before cosmetic's,

Im very weary when it come's to performance as most stuf just blow's..

Or put's pressure on other thing's which cause's damage ''equaling'' repairs..

But BPU is a must anyway.. Thanks

That's a great thread there but im not sure this would be giving 400bhp..

In the long run im looking for a 4sec car.

Estimates are 380-400BHP. I made 393BHP, but bear in mind all rolling road flywheel figures are estimated. 0-60 times are dependant on grip, Supra's are not the easiest to get the power down in.

BPU is definitely the way to go, hybrids are not worth it IMO and the money would be better put towards other upgrades or saving for a single install.

Bearing in mind the manual TT is say 5.0 sec's 4.0 isnt much to ask for?

Is it?

:blink:

When people say they want a X second car they usually mean 1/4 mile times, as 0-60 is largely irrelevant. Otherwise Vin Diesel wanting a 10 second car would be bloody slow :D

Just looked up fuel cut defender's and am i rite in thinking it connected to the ecu harness with 4 wires?

Also looked up all part's including non-essential parts..

Altogether come's to £800-

Yep, pretty much.

Dont like the idea of a fuel cut defender, a bit wary about there effects on the engine

tricking a car into thinking its booasting at low pressure to enable the ecu to still feed in the fuel, sounds like an expensive lesson o be learnt

It's mandatory if you need to raise boost past 1bar, otherwise the ECU will cut the fuel supply.

It's very tried and tested on the jspec Supra's (people here have been using them for 10yrs+), but as I said in the bpu guide it's recommended to get a boost and afr gauge to keep a check on things

It's mandatory if you need to raise boost past 1bar, otherwise the ECU will cut the fuel supply.

It's very tried and tested on the jspec Supra's (people here have been using them for 10yrs+), but as I said in the bpu guide it's recommended to get a boost and afr gauge to keep a check on things

To do it properly or safe I assume a remapp and either a piggy back or standalone ECU

FCD are just the cheap and sure it will do option?

To do it properly or safe I assume a remapp and either a piggy back or standalone ECU

FCD are just the cheap and sure it will do option?

If you want to go that way then yes, an aftermarket ECU and remap is the way to go. Piggyback is the same sort of thing as an FCD anyway since its doing the same thing to the signal. But, it's not necessary if your engine is healthy and the components are doing their job correctly. There's a thread from last year that listed all the people that have been running BPU for years and none of them have had any problems (some were 50k miles plus with only the basic BPU mods, mine did 36k miles over 3 years running 1.2 bar)