The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarms with turbo timer

markybhoy86

Looking for a good alarm-clifford with turbo timer and start thing-cant remember the term lol i had a quick search but wanted to see what the best,affordable, one was to get from everyone

cheers

M

Im not sure but i think the Clifford avantguard system has one. It has a load of extra options which can be installed on this alarm...

Im going with this one shortly...:)

I've got the Clifford 600 I think. It does everything although I wouldn't bother with a turbo timer if it was me. I never use mine at all, just cruise slowly for the last part of the journey. It's better for the car than leaving it sitting at idle. Also stops grannies telling you "you've left your car on"

I got the 650 concept installed. It has built in turbo timer. Cost around £400, i think, all in which included wiring in my remote start (i already had an intellistart module).

To get the remote start you will need to buy the module which i think is around £150 so you would be looking at around £500-£600 all in.

I've got a turbo timer function on my Clifford Concept 550. It works off a relay and means I can leave the engine running for a fixed period of time (1 minute setting) but still set the alarm. I also have a separate Greddy 'intelligent' turbo timer that works out the idle cut off period depending on how hard the car's been driven ...... but it won't keep running once the alarm's been activated.

Edited by damientt (see edit history)

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the intellistart / turbo timer option invalidates the thatcham cat 1 classification.

just a point worth noting if it's true.

Mike

Intellistart invalidates it but only if the installer is a real pig about it IYSWIM.

As its not part of the system as standard what they don't know won't hurt them.

Turbo timer is built into the 650 btw.

No sorry dont have a link Markybhoy86 but i do have a number if you want to ring Clifford;

0800 4586008...

And its called a Clifford Avantguard 5.5 system...:)

Hope this helps...:)

Just remember the avantguard isn't cat1 as far as i know (because of the intellistart as standard)

I don't have an extensive list but as far as the cliffords go all of the modern ones as long as blackjax isn't activated and they don't have intellistart.

If you go onto the clifford website it will tell you which ones are cat1

I don't have an extensive list but as far as the cliffords go all of the modern ones as long as blackjax isn't activated and they don't have intellistart.

If you go onto the clifford website it will tell you which ones are cat1

Nice one will do, cheers for that mate...:) ;)

Nice one will do, cheers for that mate...:) ;)

The wierd one i found was blackjax. The reason they can't be cat1 when active is because in order to qualify for certification the car cannot cut out due to the alarm under any circumstances.... even when being stolen lol.