The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of my full carbon RMM rear spoiler

jevansio

Since I decided to change the look of my Supe slightly I decided the TRD/RMM style rear spoiler was the only way to go.

I was keen to see what one weighed and as luck would have it Michel had one he was going to use.

He said I could borrow it to test fit it & see what it weighed see what I thought about the look of it. The stock spoiler weighed roughly 3.5kgs on my bathroom scales (not the most accurate but gives a rough idea). When I unpacked the RMM one it came in at 3kgs, so I was over the moon they were roughly the same.

The fit of this was great, I shaved a little off the ends of the blade to make a perfect fit, but other than that it was a straight bolt on affair.

And the best bit is Michel said this one is now mine :D :D :D. What a guy to let me borrow it & test fit it to see if I even liked it, I owe you one bud :thumbs:

It'll be getting sprayed black as soon as I get a new front lip to match.

Not the most scenic setting for the photos & the car needs a serious was but you get the idea

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Looks good, I guess I must have over estimated the weight.

You probably weighed it full boxed :)

great wing, very nice. :thumbs:

Cheers Marc

I like it, looks really good. You painting it all or just the ends?

I think I'll end up painting the lot TBH

Since I decided to change the look of my Supe slightly I decided the TRD/RMM style rear spoiler was the only way to go.

I was keen to see what one weighed and as luck would have it Michel had one he was going to use.

He said I could borrow it to test fit it & see what it weighed see what I thought about the look of it. The stock spoiler weighed roughly 3.5kgs on my bathroom scales (not the most accurate but gives a rough idea). When I unpacked the RMM one it came in at 3kgs, so I was over the moon they were roughly the same.

The fit of this was great, I shaved a little off the ends of the blade to make a perfect fit, but other than that it was a straight bolt on affair.

And the best bit is Michel said this one is now mine :D :D :D. What a guy to let me borrow it & test fit it to see if I even liked it, I owe you one bud :thumbs:

It'll be getting sprayed black as soon as I get a new front lip to match.

Not the most scenic setting for the photos & the car needs a serious was but you get the idea

That looks really really nice! That wing is growing on me all the time!

And the best bit...it's light lol! :D :D

Looks absolutely stunning mate. To be honest i would re-think the splitter though. I really like the OEM one. The only thing thats missing from it is that it isn't bodycoloured. Can they be sprayed? IMO that would be better idea for a trial.

TRD spoiler makes a massive difference, glad your painting it :thumbs:

That looks really really nice! That wing is growing on me all the time!

And the best bit...it's light lol! :D :D

The one and only spoiler ! i want one .

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Looks absolutely stunning mate. To be honest i would re-think the splitter though. I really like the OEM one. The only thing thats missing from it is that it isn't bodycoloured. Can they be sprayed? IMO that would be better idea for a trial.

TRD spoiler makes a massive difference, glad your painting it :thumbs:

That's not a bad idea you've had there. You're right, I think it is the grey coloured lip that is letting it down, I think as it's so low even I could have a go at spraying it as it's not like it's a wing or door or anything.

I've always been a fan of the stock spoiler over any other, but that looks really good on your car, seems to suit it better than most others I've seen. Looking forward to seeing it with the new front splitter on too :thumbs:

Cheers Chris