The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just had my car dyno'd

mark uk manual

Just had my car on the rollers. it's a uk car with a t61 single turbo not sure of the make. It's running on standard 550 injectors with a apexi safc. It has hks forged piston's but standard rods and crank etc. It made 630bhp at the flywheel and 510ftlb of torque.:eyebrows:

has any one else had similar results with this sort of spec as i was expecting alot less?

And with a T61 as well. Thats got to be an all time record that has :D

i would be over the moon if my T61 hits 580 fwhp on a fully built bottom end, ported head, 720's, water/methanol injection and running as much boost (1.6bar +) as possible before either the injectors max out or i hit det

when i bought it jon told me it was 520 at the wheels and when i had it done it made 539 at the wheels. It was done at a new rolling road called atspeed in essex near southend. They told me the fuel was spot on and they wouldn't be able to get it any better. Its only running 1.2 bar. I'm not sure how to post pics yet and don't have the graphs on me now. will try and get them up tomorrow.

Unfortunatly it sounds like they need to learn how to use their rolling road. Bet they were happy to take your money though!

There is no possiblity of a T61 running only 1.2bar on 550cc injectors of making anywhere near that sort of power. 460-480 bhp at the flywheel would be more realistic.

when i bought it jon told me it was 520 at the wheels and when i had it done it made 539 at the wheels. It was done at a new rolling road called atspeed in essex near southend. They told me the fuel was spot on and they wouldn't be able to get it any better. Its only running 1.2 bar. I'm not sure how to post pics yet and don't have the graphs on me now. will try and get them up tomorrow.

Hi Mark,

Your car made 520 at the hubs at thor which is well known for over reading by miles, it probs about 500fwhp, if that car is still on 550 injectors you are at the limit of power you will get, pushing things a bit.

What type of dyno was it where it made 630bhp? im guessing dynojet?

well im not sure what dyno it was. I was expecting it to be around 450bhp after seeing specs and performance from other members. I personely thought this was wrong but a friend of mine has a 6 month old 350z which is supposed to be 315bhp and he made 305bhp on the day which made me think. I really didn't think it would make anywhere near that.

well im not sure what dyno it was. I was expecting it to be around 450bhp after seeing specs and performance from other members. I personely thought this was wrong but a friend of mine has a 6 month old 350z which is supposed to be 315bhp and he made 305bhp on the day which made me think. I really didn't think it would make anywhere near that.

It might just be out a bit further up the scale mate, accurate readings for lower powered cars but the higher the bhp the less accurate if you catch my drift.

well thats my theory anyways:D