The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Angel eyes, who else interested?

Konrad

I'm planning to do angel eyes in my car. I did found UK based producent of ccfl rings - http://www.angeleyesweb.co.uk/

Thing is, single custom set:

a) White color angeleyes,55mm inside diameter, 71mm as outside diameter, closed ring x2

b) White 85mm inside diameter, 95mm as outside diameter, closed ring x2

c) inverter type 200025 12v to connect with ccfl ring of diam of less than 131mm rings x2

is total around 79 pounds for one set.

If there would be 5 to 12 people getting them - set would cost approx 58 pounds + delivery

13 - 24 people - 50 pounds + delivery

Over 25 people - set would cost around 36 pounds + delivery.

If there will be interest in this, I will contact moderators to organize group buy and get it sorted. You NEED to install your angel eyes by yourself, I will even include guide later on, as I will do mine anyway :p This would be only small and medium ring, like shown in Scotster topic:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=151400&highlight=angel+eyes

as he is right, big ring is just too much ;)

Anyone interested?

Konrad

Edited by Konrad
Got cost and numbers wrong :p (see edit history)

They look nice mate. At some point however i would have to buy the big ring also. I am assuming if i got the small and medium now i could just buy the big ring another time and fit seperately?

If thats the case count me in!

You could, but I'm afraid you would need additional inverter, as those sets I found are only for 2 rings sets. It is easy enough to find biggest ring tho, so no worries :)

Seems a bit pricey to me. Cost me about £70 all in for 2 sets with 4 invertors (i only needed 2 as they have paired power).

Also i went through 6 cold cathodes before i got the re-enforced ones. They are very very fragile. You would be lucky not to break unprotected ones.

Seems a bit pricey to me. Cost me about £70 all in for 2 sets with 4 invertors (i only needed 2 as they have paired power).

Also i went through 6 cold cathodes before i got the re-enforced ones. They are very very fragile. You would be lucky not to break unprotected ones.

Those are protected ones :) But if you can point out cheaper source I'm sure those who are interested will happily go there and buy set or two (including me that is) :)

Here's picture:

http://www.angeleyesweb.co.uk/bare-bulbs/71mm-white-ae-closed.htm

You can see plastic casing cables and bulb are going through :)

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

Should we wait till another 7 people will show their interest or should we just order for 7 people interested?

Scotster seems to keep his cheap halo ring place for himself for unknown/known reason, so we will just order from this UK chap.

I will give this topic a go till Friday. in a meantime I will contact super mod about this group buy and later on pm you with paypal details so we can order all sets.

Konrad

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

My main reason for not getting back to you was the way you so gallously used my thread as an advertisement for your group buy and yet you didn't so much as leave a comment on them in my thread.

I got them from ebay. Don't think for a minute this is a piece of piss to do though. It will take hours of work to get right.

My main reason for not getting back to you was the way you so gallously used my thread as an advertisement for your group buy and yet you didn't so much as leave a comment on them in my thread.

I got them from ebay. Don't think for a minute this is a piece of piss to do though. It will take hours of work to get right.

Sorry to use your thread then, altough if you wanted to get attention - this topic had 266 views and all of them automatically got to your thread so people could see how cool it looks ;) Also, don;t get me wrong, but if I would not appreciate your work, I wouldn't use your topic to show as an example of well done angel eyes :p

Couldn't care less about attention mate, i just wouldn't link to random threads without at least posting in the thread and possibly even hinting at my intentions of using it.

Gives the impression that my thread is good enough to rip off but not good enough to comment on.

My apologize again, it was not my intention to rip off from your thread and I do appreciate your job as I did clear lenses conversion by myself. Personally I think that generally messing with headlights is not hard job, just need a LOT of patience and time :) Also idea of leaving main beam alone is :thumbs:

Couldn't care less about attention mate, i just wouldn't link to random threads without at least posting in the thread and possibly even hinting at my intentions of using it.

Gives the impression that my thread is good enough to rip off but not good enough to comment on.

Simple if you don't want your threads linked don't post them in the first place.