The mkiv Supra Owners Club

plastic to glass headlights

JNk10

Has anyone done a "how to" on this please ? Ive taken mine out, awaiting glass to replace the plastic covers. Ive taken the metal clips off and the rubber around them.

What next ?

Thanks for any help

Mike

Heating for 5 min at 80 degrees and splitting them I belive :)

ive just removed both the plastic facias. Im am slightly concerned about the fact they have a 20mm lip all the wat round as part of the clear plastic. I havent got my glass ones yet, but im assuming they dont have this ???

I take it i have to dremel the platic lips off the old ones and bond it to the glass ?

Or should i just wait for the glass ones to arrive and see ?

Sorry only just noticed this thread, but know they won't fit.

When I got my 2nd hand glass light, I had a look at swapping the lenses over, as theinsides of the old J-specs were better than the UK's.

When you have them side by side they are definately a different shape.

Nic pointed it out to me when I asked on here as well ( thanks again Nic ), which saved me putting them in the oven and then finding out:blink:

well does anyone have any jspec headlights in good condition for sale ? And does anyone want some glass lenses for a refirb

I feel like such an idiot

How much did you pay for the glass lenses ?

I have a set of J-specs, that I was going to keep for when ( if I ever got round to it ) I took my glass ones out to go black ( facelift style ).

Might be able to come to an agreement and I am only up the road:)

Nic im afraid i cant really afford 395 - hence me going for the glass refirb (which you put me straight on) thanks for your help though chap

I paid £78 delivered chap. They should arrive tomorrow. Im very up for a dealio, if you want to give me a ring ill pm you

Ive been a tard here, and dodgy rog has just put me straight. They are plastic - thanks mate.

Read back from the guy i brought them off, and he didnt mention glass - it was me. So im going to live in a box for a while :) Thanks for all your help everyone