The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Lip Opinions, Rea Spoiler Advice

jevansio

I've always thought the stock Supra look was best (which is why mine has been this way for coming up 2 years now), but I'm itching for a change.

I've decided to go with the RMM/MM front lip but I'm not sure which style looks best, the one where the lip curves up near the wheel or the one that goes straight along.

Also, are the ones that go straight just the curved ones chopped off by the owner or can you buy them like that (MVP don't seem to show any straight ones).

I'm also considering cutting the area out marked by the red line on the white one, good idea or stupid?

To compliment this I'm going to go with a full carbon TRD/RMM replica, if they are light enough - I've just weighed the stock spolier at 3.5kgs. I'm prepared to put one on if it's the same or slightly heavier, but Nic has said the full TRD ones he's had are 5kgs.

Also does anyone know if the carbon replicas are any lighter than the non-carbon ones as I'll be spraying the ends (if not the lot) black anyway.

Black Cut RMM Lip.jpg

Black RMM Lip.jpg

CCW_Black_2.jpg

Red TRD Spoiler RMM Lip.jpg

White TRD Spoiler RMM Lip.jpg

White Black RMM Lip.jpg

White Black RMM Lip Hole Highlight.jpg

I am of the "stock look" school of thought, also. If I was getting one, which I might, I would deffo prefer the straight white one pn the facelift bumper.Can u supply link to purchase? Thanks, Paul.

There's various ones on here although I can't find one in the style of that white one that doesn't curl up at the edges. I seem to recall Kyle saying that you buy the one that curls up & cut it off yourself.

Edit found it here

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Only problem with a lip is the bottom line will be off with the sideskirts.

For the spoiler, if its for tracking, then a little extra weight at the back won't make a difference as it will help the cars balance. If its for 1/4 mile then you are better off without a spoiler but IMO it looks bald without one.

Only problem with a lip is the bottom line will be off with the sideskirts.

I see what you're saying, it looks even more so on those US cars as they don't have skirts, I'm hoping with the OEM skirts there won't be too much of a difference.

For the spoiler, if its for tracking, then a little extra weight at the back won't make a difference as it will help the cars balance. If its for 1/4 mile then you are better off without a spoiler but IMO it looks bald without one.

It's def not for 1/4 mile, I agree about the spoiler though, it's TRD or stock for me.

:QUOTE=Supranature;1971208]I am of the "stock look" school of thought, also. If I was getting one, which I might, I would deffo prefer the straight white one pn the facelift bumper.Can u supply link to purchase? Thanks, Paul.

CarMadStyling do them on e-bay for £80:eyebrows:

Hey Jay, your right. I have the MVP/Wings West lip (made by the same place) and it comes with the ears. Just have the body shop trim it to fit properly.

Many thanks Kyle, might even give it a go with the ears first to see if I like it that way :)

I like the second Black one too. I never used to like the curved bit on the splitter but they've definately grew on me. Try one, if you still dont like the curved bit in 6 months, chop it off! And get a TRD spoiler too ;)

Thats how i want mine :)

Perfect as is:)

dont do it

I know what you're saying guys, but with the impending change of wheels I feel it's a good time to leave that image of the Supra & try something a little different.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it looks at the moment, but I feel the C4R's go well with the classy lines of a totally stock body, whereas the more sporty CE28N's would suit a slightly more aggressive front & rear.

I like the second Black one too. I never used to like the curved bit on the splitter but they've definately grew on me. Try one, if you still dont like the curved bit in 6 months, chop it off! And get a TRD spoiler too ;)

Thats how i want mine :)

Yeah I think I'll go with the curves 1st, if they don't agree with me they can be shaved off later.

Already got the full TRD carbon spoiler sorted :D