The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall in Wigan ::

Guest JamieR

Guest JamieR

Dear all,

First off, you may or may not remember me, but last year we organised the Japanese Car Show held at Haigh Hall in Wigan, named Japan North...

Well, this year it's back - Japan North 2008 is set to be even better, with some outstanding raffle prizes and metal on display. I'm not going to give too much away just yet with regards to the prizes but all I can say is that the winners will be rather lucky once again!

The date is Sunday 17th August 2008 and Haigh Hall being the venue again.

Here is the Club Link from last year's event for some past information:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=1478412

Here are some images from last year's event:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=42784&st=260

I have set up a Facebook Group for both last year's and this year's events so please take a look and join them if you can:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13809992074

If you wish to attend this year, please place your name in this post below, listing your:

Name:

Forum Name:

Vehicle:

Please note this year we will be asking for donations upon entry to the venue, which will be placed toward charity. All funds raised last year were also donated to several charities, including Butterflies, the Wigan charity dedicated to the underprivileged children in our area.

It would be appreciated if you could make your friends aware of the event so that we gain much more publicity and interest as we all know that a show's popularity grows from word-of-mouth and with this being so local (rather than in Scotland or way down South) this would help greatly!

I hope to see both faces and cars that came along last year and new ones that will attend this year...

If you would like to ask any questions then fire away...

Thanks again and I hope to see you there,

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Organiser

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees:

daz

Dr_Doom

M5W TT

Matt H

Mrs H

Pixelfill

STE D

steb9780

Supranature

Havard

Dann

gavin.starr

Mrs H

Hoff

Edited by JamieR (see edit history)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have it some where. I'll have a look tomorrow and try and scan it in:) I really should come this year, its so unfair making you all come down for pancake runs, especially paul he takes so much convincing:d

Guest Killer Heels
Apparently it was but I’m talking high quality Manchester Evening News here!! :lol:

Don’t suppose anyones got a copy of the magazine feature?... :rolleyes:

We have a copy - will scan it when i am back at the office and PM it you.

Also managed to get a print of hte pic from the evening news!

Guest JamieR

Good morning all,

I just wanted to update you with a few items for the show:

Website Launch:

The Japan North website has been launched, which will be offering all the latest information on the show, along with raffle prizes, attendance and other detail:

http://www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Raffle:

We have had even more fantastic prizes been offered to the show from supporting companies recently and all these will be announced shortly, both on the website and on the forums.

Trophies:

We will be giving away a selection of Trophies this year for the following:

• Best I.C.E.
  • Show & Shine
  • Club Attendance

There will be three forms on the raffle Stand on the day of the show, which you may complete to enter into either the "Best ICE" or "Show & Shine". These will be drawn later in the day, along with the "Club Attendance" trophy, which will be chosen based on the most impressive club stand presence.

Event Sponsors:

We have had some more support from companies for the event recently, which includes Andy at http://www.Just-Nissan.co.uk - He is sponsoring the event this year and contributing toward its development.

Your Club:

Are there any more attendees that wish to join your club stand? Please remember there are no entry costs, all we do ask is for a donation on entry, which is for the supported charities.

All the best,

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JamieR

Hello there everyone,

Just an update to find out if there are any additional attendees from this club?

As the show is drawing close I need to gain solid information on club capacity.

Cheers,

Jamie

Guest JamieR

::: MAJOR UPDATES :::

Attendees:

Chorley Nissan will be attending with a selection of their new vehicles, including their Nissan 350Z Coupe, Nissan 350Z Cabriolet, Nissan Navara and possibly the Nissan Murano.

ALSO

I have Mitsubishi in attendance with their brand new Mitsubishi Evo X.

In both instances the cars will be viewable to those attending the show!

I am yet to confirm this but I MAY be able to bring along the lovely new Subaru... Watch this space ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raffle Prizes:

Okay, after many generous donations to the show from the companies attending (and some that aren't), please find below a list of the prizes and sponsors available at Japan North 2008's Raffle...

1. Clifford Concept 650 Alarm System ------------------------ Supplied & Fitted by K & M Acoustics
  2. £250 Adrian Flux Insurance Vouchers --------------------- Supplied by Adrian Flux Insurers
  3. £200 Subaru Service ---------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  4. Flying Lesson ------------------------------------------------ Supplied by JustNissan.co.uk
  5. Chill Factor E Snow Slope Family Pass -------------------- Supplied by Chill Factor E at Manchester Trafford Centre Complex
  6. Subaru Spoiler ---------------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  7. Haydock Thistle --------------------------------------------- Supplied by Haydock Thistle Hotel
  8. Chester Zoo Family Pass ----------------------------------- Supplied by Chester Zoo
  9. £100 WheelQuick Voucher --------------------------------- Supplied by WheelQuick
  10. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  11. Camelot Theme Park Pass --------------------------------- Supplied by Camelot Theme Park
  12. Haigh Hall Carvery Dinner ---------------------------------- Supplied by Haigh Hall
  13. Puncture Repair Kit ----------------------------------------- Supplied by Puncture Safe
  14. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  15. Autoglym Valet Package ----------------------------------- Supplied by Autoglym UK
  16. Alton Towers Tickets x 4 ----------------------------------- Supplied by Alton Towers

The above list is not exhaustive and may be added to depending upon other companies. As such, the order of the prizes may be adjusted. The prizes will be confirmed before the show and will be visible on the day of the show.

For tickets, please contact [email protected] and place "Raffle Tickets" into the subject.

Finally, if there are any additional attendees please post NOW as the show is nearing and I need to gain solid information on club capacity.

Many thanks and I look forward to meeting you,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Organiser