The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hit a cat last night

marc_p

Coming home last night a cat ran ouy in front of the car and I couldn't miss it so hit it about 40, so apart from feeling really guilty my front bumper is in a right state, one of the mountings is completely smashed off all the bottom of it is cracked and smashed and there is a long crack that runs from the headlight and across to the middle of the bumper, so basically I need a good spray shop that I can drop the bumper off at and have it back by the end of the week. Anyone know anywhere in the North Yorkshire region? Also is there anyone local who can lend me a front bumper?(doesn't matter on condition, colour and type)

Cheers

Marc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls to the cat!Too many around anyway.

That's a good bodyshop in York:

Martin Pinder

York Accident Repair Centre

01904 637827

I need to go there so they can look at a dent on the rear panel. Local bodyshop near me quoted 500 plus vat which i've been told buy a few other body shop guys 'thats ridiculous!'

Did you take the cat back to the owner? We have had 2 cats knocked down but at least one of them had the decency to come and tell us and bring her back to us. My wife brought her cat to live with us when we moved in together and she mysteriously disappeared. We don't know what happened to her and there is nothing worse.

Cats are living things, some people may not like them but its pretty shitty to think of them as vermin. They are peoples pet's, people get a lot more attached to pet's than they do cars. If you love your car and don't have any pets imagine how you would feel if someone decided to vandalise your car. In fact, i hope it does happen to the people acting like tossers in this thread.

Did you take the cat back to the owner? We have had 2 cats knocked down but at least one of them had the decency to come and tell us and bring her back to us. My wife brought her cat to live with us when we moved in together and she mysteriously disappeared. We don't know what happened to her and there is nothing worse.

Cats are living things, some people may not like them but its pretty $#@!ty to think of them as vermin. They are peoples pet's, people get a lot more attached to pet's than they do cars. If you love your car and don't have any pets imagine how you would feel if someone decided to vandalise your car. In fact, i hope it does happen to the people acting like tossers in this thread.

i have no pets, but can relate to what your saying:(

Coming home last night a cat ran ouy in front of the car and I couldn't miss it so hit it about 40, so apart from feeling really guilty my front bumper is in a right state, one of the mountings is completely smashed off all the bottom of it is cracked and smashed and there is a long crack that runs from the headlight and across to the middle of the bumper, so basically I need a good spray shop that I can drop the bumper off at and have it back by the end of the week. Anyone know anywhere in the North Yorkshire region? Also is there anyone local who can lend me a front bumper?(doesn't matter on condition, colour and type)

Cheers

Marc

grrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Scotster

Cats are living things, some people may not like them but its pretty $#@!ty to think of them as vermin. They are peoples pet's, people get a lot more attached to pet's than they do cars. If you love your car and don't have any pets imagine how you would feel if someone decided to vandalise your car. In fact, i hope it does happen to the people acting like tossers in this thread.

:yeahthat: