The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Dump Valves

bolarbag

I'm slightly confused just now,

I've seen many of the new SSQV's, so know what they look like,

Seen many of the old SSQV's so know what they look like,

I've also seen the old HKS Racing Bov

I may have the new one sitting in front of me:blink:

Have they changed the design on the new Racing Type 2 to look like the new SSQV i.e with fins galore?

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Merchant/images/Products/Universal/BOV/71004-ak002.jpg

Then the SSQV

http://www.powerhouseracing.com/Merchant/images/products/universal/bov/hksbov1.jpg

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/HKS/hks_racingbov2.jpg

How Confusing - is this one discontinued I gather, this is simply named HKS Racing BOV Type II

I have HKS Super SQV *Racing*

The new one SSQV are simply called HKS Super SQV?

HKS Get a grip!:(

Can this one have the fins installed in it to lower the noise or will re-routing it back into the intake be enough?

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/HKS/hks_racingbov2.jpg

How Confusing - is this one discontinued I gather, this is simply named HKS Racing BOV Type II

I have HKS Super SQV *Racing*

The new one SSQV are simply called HKS Super SQV?

HKS Get a grip!:(

The one pictured is discontinued.

You have the HKS SSQV Racing

The first S in SSQV stands for Super.

It's the Racing bit you need to worry about.

ok cheers, my supra is apart from the wheels which were already on the car when i got it and just done blitz realize tt-r exhaust its completely standard, but with the easy fit of the hks ssqv i do miss having abov and i can just take it back off and sell when the car goes, just wondering because i had a s14a around 300bhp with a sard bov fitted. was told that they can cause overfueling, to be honest the car seemed fine to my, i found blocking off the bov and having the flutter cause way more overfueling.

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)

hi all, does the hks ssqv cause any overfueling on a jdm tt ?

I gather that was an advice of a mechanic in the know..?

J-specs use MAP sensors:), it has been said that cars running MAF sensors will overfuel if not re-routed back into the intake

Some cars this is an issue, dont think it is on the Supra though, defo not J-specs anyway

yeah thats right mate, thats how i looked at it but the supra like you say has map so, yeah with AFM the air reads abnormally if you have bov and worse it you block it off cause it reads it twice when the air flows back yes? my nissans was horid on fuel when id block the bov off to get the flutter.

yeah thats right mate, thats how i looked at it but the supra like you say has map so, yeah with AFM the air reads abnormally if you have bov and worse it you block it off cause it reads it twice when the air flows back yes? my nissans was horid on fuel when id block the bov off to get the flutter.

Blow Off Valve

A valve that is triggered by the pressure difference in the manifold and gets rid of this excess air.

I dont think it would be as simple as reading the air twice, you would certainly get fluctuations which would lead to excess fuel, better to have both maf and map sensors working together,but then it is a 15year old car;)

You almost would certainly get turbo stall with no bov especially on high boost

I dont think it would be as simple as reading the air twice, you would certainly get fluctuations which would lead to excess fuel, better to have both maf and map sensors working together,but then it is a 15year old car;)

You almost would certainly get turbo stall with no bov especially on high boost

the car is standard mate, still has toyota bov, would i notice any really response with the hks even with standard car then do you think, want one mainly because i like the sound the hks make.

the car is standard mate, still has toyota bov, would i notice any really response with the hks even with standard car then do you think, want one mainly because i like the sound the hks make.

No definitely not assuming your stock one is in good condition and doesnt leak e.t.c

Thats pretty much all its going to do for a bpu sup - create a different noise

• 1 month later...