The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Induction - confused

c7hru

Right, I have just been searching for info on induction kits. What is best, an aftermarket kit or the stock box? Now the general feeling i was getting is that the stock box is the best way and most efficient, so why is it most people have an after market induction kit? Is it purely for looks and sound? I have an n/a and was looking at getting Apexi power intake or Power Enterprise Air Impulse Induction kit but not too sure now as dont want to lose power! :confused:

You probably wont lose any power fitting an apexi, you may gain 0.00001hp and you car will feel more responsive but its a lot of hassle for nothing and even more degradation of your engine

Although if you do a long spirited run your charge temps may increase losing you power and using more fuel as your car compensates to prevent det,

The stock box plus a TRD filter is your best bet

agreeing with the above stock box is good.. for looks and certainly smthig i have thought about is changing it for a Apexi power intake witha customer made Polished heat shield box.. keeping the stock ducting however... ther other option is keep the box and changed the pipe for polished/chrome if thats ur bling thing.. (which is mine asweell lol)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest willismaximus

Just to re-spark this thread rather than start a new one about the same topic, i have an N/A and was considering keeping the standard box but replacing the panel filter with an Apexi one or something along those lines....

Q1- Is this the best way to go?

Q2- What differences would the panel filter make regarding moise, power etc? (If any)

Q3- What's the best aftermarket Panel filter to go for and approximate price?

Thanks in advance guys

Q1- Is this the best way to go?

Stock airbox with either stock, TRD or Blitz panel filter would be the best choice IMO.

Q2- What differences would the panel filter make regarding moise, power etc? (If any)

The difference in power and noise will be negligible.

Q3- What's the best aftermarket Panel filter to go for and approximate price?

Aftermarket, either TRD or Blitz

Stock airbox with either stock, TRD or Blitz panel filter would be the best choice IMO.

Aftermarket, either TRD or Blitz

Hi Nic,

Am I right in saying the Trd is washable, which is why it cost so much more.

Blitz Lm panel seems to be around £30, where as Trd around £55.

If you can do them cheaper P'm me as I am about to replace mine, looking to order at weekend ish