The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DECAT -Sard T.C.V (Torque Control Valve)

Jellybean

Sard T.C.V (Torque Control Valve)- Torque Control Valve operates on exhaust backpressure to provide low end torque at lower rpms, and high end power and mid through upper rpms. On higher horsepower vehicles, lower end horsepower and torque is lost in favor of peak horsepower with larger diameter exhaust systems. The Torque Control Valve (T.C.V.) operates on exhaust pressure to provide a broader range of useable power, for better low-mid range power and torque, without sacrificing peak hp. The T.C.V. can also assist with quicker spool time on turbocharged vehicles. Installs in place of main catalizer, rebuildable unit.

http://www.sardracing.com/images/products/TCV.jpg

Any body with decats -- Do you find you loose low end torque and has anybody tried the SARD unit??

Was doing some looking around last nite and I have Sard Exhaust system on the car, have to take alook to see if it has this too

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Was doing some looking around last nite and I have Sard Exhaust system on the car, have to take alook to see if it has this too

These are only sold separately, they don't do one for the Supra, so don't know anyone with one fitted, one could be adapter to fit though.

These are only sold separately, they don't do one for the Supra, so don't know anyone with one fitted, one could be adapter to fit though.

Hey Nic

Do you know if Decats will cause the loss of low end/Mid torque

I know this happens on alot of cars when exhaust back pressure is relinquished

They have a sports catalyst for JZA80 makybe it has that on will take a look

imo most of the lower to mid range torque is made up on the first tubbie and a full decat helps this, the high end gain is due to the ability to run higher boost, i think the loss in torque low down will be morethan made up by the first turbo's ability to breath better and thus boost better:)