The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WHy no stock boost gauge?

Jim_1979

The mr2 has one... so why does the Supra not have a stock boost gauge?

Most turbo cars do, even if they are pretty crappy efforts of a gauge.

Just doesn't make sense.

I guess the designer of the Supra didnt think of it at the time...:)

Although the facelift models do have one but not the pre-facelift models.

Actually come to think of it, i believe the Starlet / Glanza also has a stock boost guage and stock boost controller...

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

Unless its an accurate gauge I dont know how much use it would be anyway. I think if there was low/no boost you would know about it due to a lack of performance and if it was too high then theres the boost cut.

Guest sunnyG83

They needed to make it look different from the last effort :).

The standard Boost gauge on the facelift is more of a novelty to be honest. Not really a match for an aftermarket bad-boy in terms of boost levels

Because there is no need for a boost gauge if you're not messing around with the intended boost pressure. Lots of (most?) modern turbo cars don't have boost gauges.

The so called 'boost gauge' on facelift Supras is a joke. It's completely useless.

its always useful to be able to check if your car is making the boost it should be, or if youre going to buy a car check the turbo works properly. I looked at Skyline GTST R33's they have boost gauges but im told they are totally useless.