The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDP Supra feature

jacko

No Jamie I don't. I remember Mr TLicense in particular having several issues with JDP, I also remember reading that JDP would not be allowed to trade on the forum.

Hiten, Turbofit folded and 3 of the ex-turbofit guys went to work for JDP IIRC, including Greg. It was all very cosy and convenient and a lot of it all got denied by JDP at the time I believe.

No Jamie I don't. I remember Mr TLicense in particular having several issues with JDP, I also remember reading that JDP would not be allowed to trade on the forum.

Hiten, Turbofit folded and 3 of the ex-turbofit guys went to work for JDP IIRC, including Greg. It was all very cosy and convenient and a lot of it all got denied by JDP at the time I believe.

Yea i remember something about Tonys post but didnt think we was talking several thousand pounds? ive not been down there in a long time but i still talk with pete the old boy mechanic from turbofit and last time i spoke to him at xmas he told me les had got rid of all the ex TF team, makes no odds to me just wondered where the several thousand pounds came from and i dont know if even Tony asked for a refund?

Interesting.

Anyone notice Jurgens old car is going to be in Redline next month?

JDP threatened the forum with legal action, so I'm quite surprised by the new fanboi club developing for them of late. Seems some people have short memories. ;)

I could not care less for JDP just interested in all things supra and wondered what this several thousand pounds was?

Why cant JDP be judged on their own merits, as opposed to Turbofits downfalls. I have used JDP and have not had any problems with them and all work has been 100%, so i have no reason not to like them

AND IIRC JDP had a reason to threaten legal action did they not? As libelous statements were being made about them, by people who just jumped onto the bandwagon. I dont want to start/ restart an arguement, but i think people need to remember that JDP and Turbofit are and always have been separate entities, yes Les did take on Turbofit staff on a trial period, but none of them are still there now as they were not up to scratch

Edited by jacko (see edit history)

Why cant JDP be judged on their own merits, as opposed to Turbofits downfalls. I have used JDP and have not had any problems with them and all work has been 100%, so i have no reason not to like them

I thought disliking them for the fact that they threatened the forum with legal action was judging them on their merits?

:rolleyes:

Pretty simple really. Read my previous post.

I remember reading the same about TF before I ended up having my car worked on by them, taken hours and hours of work to put right the issues before my rebuild could even begin, I dont think JDP's attitude at the time was very appropriate considering how many members had issues with TF and how they recruited the TF team and allowed the TF team to ignore the issues and threatened the forum etc

I am sure JDP are doing some good work, but I would never use them

I remember reading the same about TF before I ended up having my car worked on by them, taken hours and hours of work to put right the issues before my rebuild could even begin, I dont think JDP's attitude at the time was very appropriate considering how many members had issues with TF and how they recruited the TF team and allowed the TF team to ignore the issues and threatened the forum etc

I am sure JDP are doing some good work, but I would never use them

could have came from my mouth, as i was thinking the same