The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lost keys and immobiliser fob!

bondinho

After finding a leaking brake pipe yesterday after working on the car, I've managed to lose my only key and immobiliser fob :(

What sort of money is this going to cost me to get it sorted? I stupidly left the car open all night so I can in and out of it to get any info.

I've read on here I can find a key code or something to get a locksmith to cut me another key - where abouts is this code?

But what can I do about my Sigma M800 immobiliser? Can't find anything on the net about Sigmas really, no official website which is great. How much does it cost to remove an immobiliser or is it an easy job?!

I'm so pissed off right now :mad: Had a shitty couple of days.

I've found two codes that might be the codes for the Toyota key, one is on the ignition barrel which looks like the product info for the barrel (nnnnn-nn-n format) and the other is a 4 digit code on the glove box lock, is this the correct one?

I've tried to look at the drivers side lock barrel but it is impossible to see anything and I don't know how to get the lock off.

Anyone able to advise me on whether either of the above codes are what I need please? I'm kind of desperate...

Edited by bondinho (see edit history)

Don't know about Sigma, but with DEFA alarm/immobilizer you need a key card/PIN code, which you enter by doing some ignition on/off sequence. Maybe its the same with the Sigma? Contact the dealer who installed it. if you dont know that, I would google for any dealers in the area and turn to them if you cant get any info from Sigmas homepage. Maybe they have an international page?

Cheers mate, I'll try a few alarm places later but I think I'll be able to get someone to replace the Sigma immobiliser with a new one in the worst case scenario. I'm now more worried about the key, I've phoned a couple of locksmiths and they won't touch it without the key code which is a bit annoying :mad:

Not surprised!!!

Have you asked Toyota?

From previous posts on here locksmiths have come out and cut keys from the lock, which is what various websites say too but Bristolian locksmoths aren't interested for some reason!

I've tried Toyota and not had any luck there either, don't want to know due to it being an import.

I just took my key down to the local "key copy place" (whats that called in english? I think it was the spare key it was copied from but still, no problems at all..

Sounds strange that you should have problems. Well, at least I can safely let you know that it is physically (and easily) possible to make duplicates.

But you dont even have a spare? If so, you will need to get it from Toyota... (you should be able to find a shop who can do stuff for imports). If you can't ask Jurgen from JM Imports, I'm sure he has a good connection...

Your Alarm is easy to sort, phone up any audio / alarm fitting place and give them the serial number of your alarm.

This can be found on your certificate or on the alarm siren or alarm control box.

They have access to a database which contains the original factory pin for your alarm and will give it to you over the phone.

At which point all you need to do is find another fob on eBay and program it in, its quite straight forward and you will with enough searching locate a manual for it.

I had my key fob die on me on my old sigma M30, I found some bloke on the Subaru Forums called Sigma Sam and found his website and texted him my serial number, he text me back in about 10 minutes with the factory pin, I tapped this into the keypad normally hidden under the dash panels and demobilised the car and drove away.

I ended up having a locksmith guy come out and while he was cutting me a key from the lock, the people who live behind where I park my car came strolling out (having seen me manically searching my car all day looking very pissed off) asking if I'd lost anything while dangling my car keys in their hand :rolleyes:

Their son had supposedly picked them up in the morning (even though I'd been out there at 730am looking for them and their house was still all dark with no one awake!). I personally think they found them last night and just kept hold of them to worry me overnight beause I had issues with them a year or so ago over them using my parking space.

At least they turned up in the end I guess, and it only cost me £45 for the other key that was cut so not too big a deal. Just a waste of a day when I could have been sorting out my leaking brake pipe :rolleyes: Nevermind, all sorted now.