The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much are my seats worth - leather retrim (Gibson)

Pabs

Hey all,

Just thinking about a few other changes, and wondered what my current seats are worth?

See the attached image - basically they've had a retrim done by Gibson Trimming, with Supra logo on both seats.

Kind of a purple trim in the middle, but looks blue in some lights.

Anyone know what these would be worth, and would there be anyone potentially interested?

Thinking about changing for something a bit more sporty. Not sure yet though.

Cheers

angle1.jpg

GZ leather seats fetch around £400 in plain black. Yours are coloured so may have some limited appeal to some, but there's no denying the quality of a Gibson retrim.

Agreed.

however, I'd say given the condition of these you're looking at £600+.

Ian

hmmm, interesting. I know the colour can put some people off, but the plans I have for my car basically involve trying to keep the interior quite stock looking, and black. I would also like something that holds you into the seats a bit more, but not a full-on bucket.

I REALLY would like some OEM Recaro's, but I know that a) these are very rare and b) very expensive. Been looking at the recaro speeds, or seats along those lines. Been looking on ebay for recaros that I could get some subframes for and fit them in mine, then if needed get them retrimmed by gibson at a later date.

I don't know - just throwing some ideas around at the moment.

hmmm, interesting. I know the colour can put some people off, but the plans I have for my car basically involve trying to keep the interior quite stock looking, and black. I would also like something that holds you into the seats a bit more, but not a full-on bucket.

I REALLY would like some OEM Recaro's, but I know that a) these are very rare and b) very expensive. Been looking at the recaro speeds, or seats along those lines. Been looking on ebay for recaros that I could get some subframes for and fit them in mine, then if needed get them retrimmed by gibson at a later date.

I don't know - just throwing some ideas around at the moment.

Ive got the OEM Recaro's...:p

Got to be 600 nuggets worth :)

hmmm, maybe I'll stick a "feeler" for sale thread then... see if there is any interest. But I'll need to buy new seats to put in the car to swap with, but I don't want to buy new ones if I can't sell these.