The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice!!!!!

Guest ben smith

Guest ben smith

i'v just brought a toyota supra non turbo,Im having trouble trying to get a new exhaust for it. and as well does anyone now any good tuning garages and any advice on how i can get more power out off my car.

Welcome. There are plenty of traders that will help you on here.

The best thing to do is search (button above) for exhausts and see which one might suit. Be careful they can be extra loud on N/A's.

Regards power, im afraid the answer to your question is pretty simple. If you need more power, sell now and buy a TT as there are very few gains to be had from an N/A(N/A means non turbo)

P.S - i used to have a great friend called ben smith

Find exhaust > pay for exhaust > exhaust arrives > fit exhaust

Which bit are you having trouble with?

NA tuning - don't bother, it's a waste of money, make it look pretty, improve the brakes, suspension, stereo etc if you like but nitrous is about all you can do to the NA without spending silly money.

cheers the problem i'v got is im only 20 and no insurance company will insure me on a TT.

Better off with a N/A to get some experience. Have you checked that your insurance company will insure you with an aftermarket exhaust?

cheers the problem i'v got is im only 20 and no insurance company will insure me on a TT.

You'll probably find it just as hard to insure a modded NA I would have thought.

Keep it basic, enjoy the car for what it is and then move on to a TT when insurance allows.

yer i'v had the car for about 3 month and all the insurance documents are fine.

Only reason is quite a few people have had very similar quotes on NAs and import TTs, because they're all just bundled under the 'fast import' bracket.

Some people have also mentioned their insurance company mistakenly quoting for a MK III Supra rather than a MK IV, it's worth checking out.

Having said that, an NA is a better option to start with, and when you've had it for a year or 2 upgrade to a TT.

Guest ben smith

yer cheers im insured with adrian flux year i had to pay a bit more on the insurance bec it was an import but it was worth it. my best mate is the same age as me and he's got a 5.7 v8 trans am.

Guest poodle

1500, ouchies, most of the companies i tried would only insure an import if it was fully comp at least thats what i found when i had my fto's previously although i wouldnt have anything else anyways.