The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quiet performance exhaust!

Duffman

Apexi GT I love mine but slightly too Quiet :( but really does have nice deep rumble.

Im at work at the moment, but go on http://www.youtube.com type in supra apexi gt and ther is a lad with one on there however his is decated.

also they look really nice, the weld on mine has turned gold and looks pimped.

Lew.

Edited by bmx1lew (see edit history)

Apexi Gt 3.87 Mid Pipe £550 :eyebrows:

Pros - Looks Nice, sounds Nice with no drones and really good build quality.

Cons - The price and hangs quite low.

Some pics from when I got it :D

Decat

On the car

Sorry but really bad video quality off my phone so the sound is terrible :(

Lew.

I went for the HKS Carbon Ti hoping it would be nice a quiet. It wasnt, hope that helps.

Might be nice to get a thread with just vid's of different exhaust and specs below like the bodykits thread.

Only one option, IMO, Tanabe Medallion Touring.

Where would I get one of these & how £££?

I like the standard exhaust system I have but am I right in saying that if I want more power then i'll have top upgrade top a performance exhaust...I have 1st decat right now...couldn't I just put 2nd decat on and that would be ok?

...or am I talking absolute nonsense :search:.

Edited by Duffman (see edit history)

I have a HKS Super Dragger on mine ... sounds really great. Deep sound which is not too penetrating at moderate rpm's. On hard acceleration, the sound is slightly higher, but still able to drive at 130 mph on the motorway without having a headache after half an hour. ;)

And it also looks very nice and clean :cool:

PHR stage 1

Is that with the baffle out? I bet it would be a lot louder on an na

yeah I dont have it with the baffle in, thats how it was deliverd, I've never put it in, If it was in the car would sound like its running on air.

not sure what they would be like on a N/A I would still think it is quiet, Because its a fat pipe with large front box and quite a large back box.

Lew.

I'd go with either the Blitz NUR RX or the GReddy Ti-R, both great quality, un-restrictive and quiet.

Blitz NUR RX - 92Db

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/Nur-RX-Universal_1.jpg

GReddy Ti-R (Titanium) - 91Db

Not actual pic of the Ti-R as it has a second silencer on the mid pipe. I use one of these on my own car as it is one of the very few road legal exhausts from Japan.

http://www.trust-power.com/01exhaust/images/petir01.jpg

If I can help with prices just let me know.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Yep - Blitz Nurspec RX is the way forward.

Got a nice burble at idle but you can comfortably drive it at any speed with no drone at all. The only loud noise I ever get is from my screamer pipe when I boot it ;-)

Oh it hangs lowish though so dont get one if youve slammed your car

Yep - Blitz Nurspec RX is the way forward.

Got a nice burble at idle but you can comfortably drive it at any speed with no drone at all. The only loud noise I ever get is from my screamer pipe when I boot it ;-)

Oh it hangs lowish though so dont get one if youve slammed your car

Trust are supposed to have a sub 92 Db system, any idea which it is, and how much Nic? Thanks for the link to the diff cooler pipe part numbers.

It's the one I mentioned earlier Chris, the Trust/Greddy PE Ti-R (full titanium) rated at 91Db, they are available with either 80mm or 90mm main piping, ground clearance is good.

I use one of these on my own car, obviously a bit louder with the single kit, but relatively quiet at tickover and when you push the go pedal.

I'd go with either the Blitz NUR RX or the GReddy Ti-R, both great quality, un-restrictive and quiet.

Blitz NUR RX - 92Db

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/Nur-RX-Universal_1.jpg

GReddy Ti-R (Titanium) - 91Db

Not actual pic of the Ti-R as it has a second silencer on the mid pipe. I use one of these on my own car as it is one of the very few road legal exhausts from Japan.

http://www.trust-power.com/01exhaust/images/petir01.jpg

If I can help with prices just let me know.

not being funny Nic but 90 + Db is not exactly quite my 4" boostlogic measured 94

How was that measured Paul?

ahh yes just took the time to read the rest of the thread, doh !, it was measured at tickover static 1 metre away, i presume the figures mentioned above are at 3/4 throttle, if so thats pretty good as the BL 4" would probably be more like 104 Db by that point