The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import Supra's on UK Fuel etc

meph137

Hi all, I'm thinking of gettnig a supe, spoke today to a mechanic who said he has heard of nothing but problems with all the import supra's not running properly on UK fuel, I've read a couple of times about the standard vs super unleaded debate and it seems most people say it doesn't matter.

Also he said that parts were very expensive, while I image they will be more than UK parts, it doesn't seem they would be extortiante, not with the amount of import supra's in the UK.

Just interested to hear peoples opinions.

My n/a hasnt had any problems i run that on 95oct and so did the guy before me, Im not made of money and i dont find parts expensive. Sounds like your mech is trying to put you off the idea of getting one, Brake discs + pads for my supra are cheaper than the ones i bought for my merc 190 for instance.

Find a new mechanic who knows what he is talking about. Parts are easy to get and from my experience no more expensive than a UK model. Toyota do a discount through the club as well. As for imports not running properly on UK fuel, I have never had a problem and don't know of anyone who has.

Speak to some of the traders like Paul Whifin who know what they are on about and you will get good advice with the appropriate knowledge to back it up.

I wouldnt worry about parts you have the internet to source them, Traders on here, people on the american forum and as for expensive you can get some great prices on toyota parts Whifbitz and Nic as juanchan said, also there is quite a few breakers so there loads of second hand cheap bits flying about.

as for fuel I woud run the TT on High octane as its mapped for 100 ron.

Lew.

Hmm, I shall ignore that advice then! Thought it sounded a bit pants.

I guess you can remap the supes to run on standard UK fuel?

Yep ignore the advice mate its b*llocks!

I used to run my old n/a on 97 RON (super unleaded)

and my TT on 99 RON (high octane) although you *can* run a TT on 97 RON but wouldnt recommend if you ran the TT on 97 RON all the time imo...:)

Hmm, I shall ignore that advice then! Thought it sounded a bit pants.

I guess you can remap the supes to run on standard UK fuel?

Closed ECU's on the Supra so no you cant re-map them, only run piggy back devices for fueling like an AFC or similar, otherwise you're looking at a new ECU.....