The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with facelift indicators

Paul372

hi, i ve got a problem with my facelift indicators i brought them form ebay they came from usa but when i went to fit them the blubs and blub holders are to big to fit into the facelift indicator. so do i get smaller blubs and blub holders to fit the facelift indicators if so where can i get them from or do i make the holes bigger on the facelift indicators for the orginal blubs and blub holders to fit can anyone help with this problem have one of you guys done this cheers

• 2 months later...

big thanks JohnnyW, i ve done it, the looms costed me £30 from steve manley, my sup looks much better now. only one problem indicators are working fine but the side lights on the new facelift indicators are ont, i ve checked all my connections they are fine the only reason i can think of is that i used 17amp wire because it was what i had should i change it to 5amp wire could this be the problem

big thanks JohnnyW, i ve done it, the looms costed me £30 from steve manley, my sup looks much better now. only one problem indicators are working fine but the side lights on the new facelift indicators are ont, i ve checked all my connections they are fine the only reason i can think of is that i used 17amp wire because it was what i had should i change it to 5amp wire could this be the problem

No, that would make no difference.

funny?, i followed the guide how to fit the facelift indicators, for side lights join red wire to green wire on the new loom for the facelift indicators then cut into the green side light wire that goes to the headlight and join the red wire to that