The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres

cainhead

I have nailed my choice of new tyres down to three. But cant decide. Any one know what the best one is. There all around the same price, so no issues there. Just a bit of advice needed.

1 - Dunlop SP Sport max

2 - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric

3 Toyo T1R

265/35/18

cheers

I have nailed my choice of new tyres down to three. But cant decide. Any one know what the best one is. There all around the same price, so no issues there. Just a bit of advice needed.

1 - Dunlop SP Sport max

2 - Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric

3 Toyo T1R

265/35/18

cheers

I have got Dunlop's on mine and i find them a good tyre...:)

What about Toyo's R888 tyres aswell as i have heard that they are very good!

if you want to save money the flaken 452's are fantastic and on cams kill for £100 per tyer.

I've heard the eagle F1's are amazing aswell but heard there a little loose in the wet due to the tread pattern not sure if thats true?

Toyo t1r's again cant go wrong with them either.

I think any of the above 3 you have picked will do as there all mint tyres.

Lew.

Got the Falkens on at the moment and they have been ok.

Any idea what the R888 are like as a general tyre. Will they not wear super quick?

Also the main reason for the first two is that kwikfit will do a price match on them as they are two of the only three models that they stock in that size.

Got the Falkens on at the moment and they have been ok.

Any idea what the R888 are like as a general tyre. Will they not wear super quick?

Also the main reason for the first two is that kwikfit will do a price match on them as they are two of the only three models that they stock in that size.

Gaz 6002 has got the Toyo's R888 tyres, if you give him a pm cainhead and he'll tell you everything you need to know about that type of tyre...:)

I know the r888s do wear fast but thats because there a track tyre so there for smooth roads.

You said quick fit will price match, is that also website prices? as I can get the egal f1's for £130 each :eyebrows: and does that include the fitting aswell?

Lew.

I know the r888s do wear fast but thats because there a track tyre so there for smooth roads.

You said quick fit will price match, is that also website prices? as I can get the egal f1's for £130 each :eyebrows: and does that include the fitting aswell?

Lew.

Ooh really?? :)

Yeh but the Michelin pilot's are VERY expensive though...

but they do last well and handle excellently, wet or dry.

If your set up provides even tyre wear they are well worth the extra, IMO. If you're driving a badly lowered car and wearing out the edges of your tyres it's probably not worth the premium. Your money would be be better spent getting the suspension put right.

but they do last well and handle excellently, wet or dry.

If your set up provides even tyre wear they are well worth the extra, IMO. If you're driving a badly lowered car and wearing out the edges of your tyres it's probably not worth the premium. Your money would be be better spent getting the suspension put right.

Dont count me on this but arent the Michelin pilot's £190.00 PER tyre on a 265 and upwards????

yeah thats web prices. I have also found the goodyears for 134, but then kwik fit stick on there extra charges. That is a good deal you have there, but Durham is a little far for me to go unfortunately.

Cheers for the help though, I think I may go with the goodyears.

yeah thats web prices. I have also found the goodyears for 134, but then kwik fit stick on there extra charges. That is a good deal you have there, but Durham is a little far for me to go unfortunately.

Cheers for the help though, I think I may go with the goodyears.

Where are you getting yout tyre's fitted matey??

Dont count me on this but arent the Michelin pilot's £190.00 PER tyre on a 265 and upwards????
They're a bit more than that in the size I use but they will give you 25-30k miles with good handling and acceptable road noise. Worth the extra, in my opinion.

:shrug:

Somewhere around the ealing area, there are a couple of kwik fits near. Somewhere close though as my tyres have no tread left anywhere. Just what remains after the nurburgring on a stupidly hot day.

Oh! :(

On the bright side though, thats £134 fitted is it??

They're a bit more than that in the size I use but they will give you 25-30k miles with good handling and acceptable road noise. Worth the extra, in my opinion.

:shrug:

Haha very true! When i bought my TT, she had one Michelin pilot tyre and one Dunlop SP tyre...both on the rears...

Me thinks though that one of those two tyre's hasn't been balanced as im getting vibration at higher speeds! :blink:

yeah should be that but will probably be about 150 by the time the disposal charge and balance is added.

Any how means it should all be back on the road tomorrow, hopefully for the weather to get a bit better in the next few days.

yeah should be that but will probably be about 150 by the time the disposal charge and balance is added.

Any how means it should all be back on the road tomorrow, hopefully for the weather to get a bit better in the next few days.

Wow, thats not bad at all! That price is for both Tyre's i take it?? :)