The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint help, looking for a purple

heartworm

I want to paint the car purple, but I want it to have the effect of this red:

but in a similar purple to this:

http://www.xtremethings.com/Images/Powdercoating/Purple_PGT_Cover.JPG

Is there a candy purple out there, that isn't really dark, but maye a little darker than above?

Pulled from their site:

Base paints can be enhanced in several ways. One way to deepen or color a paint job is to tint your clear coat (or color blender, other carrier) with candy concentrates. For instance, a Pineapple Yellow base paint would be finished with clear coat-tinted Candy Lemon Yellow or even True Gold. A silver or white base can become a true candy paint job with candy paint of your choice.

im sure whoever you task to paint your car will be able to achieve the effect you are looking for. I would pick Supra-womens brain as her car seems to be sprayed to a good standard.

Pulled from their site:

im sure whoever you task to paint your car will be able to achieve the effect you are looking for. I would pick Supra-womens brain as her car seems to be sprayed to a good standard.

There is a local bunch who get a very good name but im not sure, heard better about a place in coatbridge, and another in fife. I want to have ideas to take when I go in though so I can say this is what I want.

There is a local bunch who get a very good name but im not sure, heard better about a place in coatbridge, and another in fife. I want to have ideas to take when I go in though so I can say this is what I want.

Whatever you do, ask for proof that the sprayer has done candies...Make sure you aren't the learning curve for the painter.

Whatever you do, ask for proof that the sprayer has done candies...Make sure you aren't the learning curve for the painter.

i don't know about the local one (hunter reid) but im sure the others have. Coatbridge did a mates car orange and it was fantastic, but it was very, very pricey.

My mate has just opened his own purpose built garage/spraybooth at his house in Lanark.

The guys are doing them as homers, they work in Trucktec where i work, one is a panel beater who has a lot of experience of body work blending etc, and the other is an experienced spray painter who works at Trucktec also, he just sprayed his FTO some kind of fancy yellow colour.

Ill get there numbers and pass them on to you if you like.

Might be worth while organising the paint yourself tho as ofc they arent a registered garage or anything

http://www.trucktecltd.co.uk