The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4500k or 6500k?

Duffman

Which lights do you prefer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which lights do you prefer?

Anything over 4300k = :chav:

Thats the problem these days. Whatever they touch automatically makes us chavs? My bodykit isn't made of cardboard. I haven't painted my car with a paint brush. I don't hang out a McDonalds reving my engine trying to make a point :p

Had 8000k when I bought the car - swapped them over for 4300k as they were too blue for me.

Don't see the point in a lot of blue tint - you can see as much as you would with a clear white light, and it'll only attract attention anyway.

Anything over 4300k = :chav:

Bollocks, it is them who imitate. Bloody chavs in M6 BMW and CL55 AMG's, not to mention those in huge Range Rovers.

Jola's Aerotop got 4300k, mine Supra have 6000k. 4300k gives light very close to daylight, your eyes will not get tired. 6000k is giving sharp crisp light similar to "hospital corridor" effect in horror movies :p Looks very bright, but I would say in long driving distance your eyes can get slightly tired. From outside I personally think 6000k looks more :cool: Blue tint is not that strong, it's more white.

I have 6k HID's. They are very bright with a tint of blue. Im happy with them, though it was the brighness rather than the colour I was interested. Ive not been in a car with 4.3k ones so cant comment. But next time I think i would try them. Though, even though I wasn't thinking of how they look the 6k's are very:cool: