The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MR2 Owner

benkei

Hey everyone. I thought I'd hunt down a forum at last to get more info on Supras. I love these cars so much, so I want to make sure I know as much as possible before buying one to avoid dissapointment! Ideally I would like an import manual twin turbo aero-top... But I hear these are hard to find!! I drive an MR2 MK2 at the moment, also a jap import, and I love it! Even thouh it's an n/a, it's great fun, and also the t-bar model too!:cool:

Looking forward to spending some time here! I'll get pics of my 2 up if anyone is interested? :D

Hey vroom, what was the change like from mr2 to supra? Do you find it's a lot bigger? (the supra) And handling wise, I find the 2 to be really tricky! Especially in the wet! Being mid-engined all the weight is at the back, so when the backend goes it usually takes you with it! I expect you'd have more control in the Supra as the engine is at the front...?

After looking through the Supra guide (VERY helpful!!) I think a facelift RZ is what I'm after! My mate has an mr2 tubby pushing 280bhp at 1.4bar! Scary car! He loves it, but a nice car as it is, I dont think the mr2 is for me.

Hey vroom, what was the change like from mr2 to supra? Do you find it's a lot bigger? (the supra) And handling wise, I find the 2 to be really tricky! Especially in the wet! Being mid-engined all the weight is at the back, so when the backend goes it usually takes you with it! I expect you'd have more control in the Supra as the engine is at the front...?

After looking through the Supra guide (VERY helpful!!) I think a facelift RZ is what I'm after! My mate has an mr2 tubby pushing 280bhp at 1.4bar! Scary car! He loves it, but a nice car as it is, I dont think the mr2 is for me.

Well my tubby is 18 years old so the Supe feels like a brand new car to drive. Handling wise the Supe feels solid though I'm still getting used to it cos I only got her on Friday. And I'm still getting used to the auto box.

Have to agree about the Supe being tail happy, had a bit of a twitch in the wet on Sunday that could have gone horribly wrong!

I can defo chuck the 2 about on any road surface and I know what I can and can't get away with in her so it's a learning curve with the Supe for sure.

All in all well pleased with the Supe. Glad I bought one.