The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anti theft valve caps?

FuR

Just put my new wheels on and in car park at tesocs someone nicked one of the silver valve caps and left a nice chip in my boot :angry:

can you get rid of a chip without respraying the whole panel? and it is def not t-cuttable etc, will need painting

also, i was thinking about getting anti theft valve caps, anyone got these? do they work and are there good and bad ones or are they all the same? ta!

i got some from halfords at the start of the year. havent had them knicked so far. though i forgot to take them off when i had my wheels refurbed :p

They were the kind with the outside that just spins when you undo them without the adapter

i think bling/anti theft valve caps are a complete waste of time, i mean c'mon when was the last time you were looking at someone elses car and thought "wow look at the valve caps on that, they really make the car" :rlol:, just stick black plastic ones on then no one gets upset when a kid inevitably nicks your bling caps for his BMX

bit peeved as my car came with some Blitz valve caps to match the blitz wheels.

Had 2 new tyres fitted to the rear, and the garage never replaced the caps with the Blitz ones afterwards :(

But yeh - totally agree with Paul Mac above, and I'm just trying to find my other 2 normal caps to put on the front... I know I've got some somewhere....

Guest damelza

I would love to catch one of these people. I think it's JEALOUS PEOPLE. Urrrgghhhhhh. We have had so many valve caps nicked

I just go round the neighbourhood nicking them off kids bikes when I realise they've got better ones than me, I bet there's a BMX forum somewhere with kids on complaining about exactly the same problem :D

Lol..

I would love to catch one of these people. I think it's JEALOUS PEOPLE. Urrrgghhhhhh. We have had so many valve caps nicked

I can supply Jevansios address should you require? :innocent:

i have 24hr security video on my car and have twice got kids of about 8 yrs old nicking mine, one of the little buggers stuck his middle finger up at the camera:blink: i popped the cd of it with the parents name on the envelope, through there doors:D probably never got a rollocking from yhe parents, but then again both sets were less than a tenner:rolleyes:

Guest Garfy

be carefull with anti theft caps if you have metal type bolt in valves, I once came out to a flat tyre because some scum kid had tried to remove the cap, but what happened was the whole valve unscrewed, so now I have these

Excuse the brakes and dirty wheels, its an old pic