The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch & Exhaust Questions

dani_r

I bought my new Supra back in January and now I'm in the market for a new exhaust and clutch!

I am still relatively new to the whole car/Supra scenario and I'm still learning so if anyone can help that'd be great, I just don't want to buy the wrong thing and have to fork out more £££ that i didn't need to.

The Supra is a '93 JSpec NA and is having the TT engine dropped in at the end of the year (fingers crossed).

I need an exhaust that will go on now and still be usable when the TT engine is in. Am I correct in thinking that if I get an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system i.e. Blitz Nur Spec I can still use it on the TT engine as long as the downpipe from the turbo is the same diameter (3"?) I like the look of the Blitz one but if someone can recommend something I'd really appreciate it!

With regards to the clutch, I have been looking at a few websites linked from the forum (MVP/Whifbitz) and have seen a few. I want one thats better than stock and is gunna be able to handle the TT comfortably when it goes in but until then I can use on the NA without any hassle.

I thought about the 'RPS Max Clutch with Street Disc, or the Spec Stage 2 Clutch from MVP Motorsport or something similar from Whifbitz, but again, not really sure what to look for!

Thanks again

D