The mkiv Supra Owners Club

traction control and boost gauge questions

Deacon2k

ok guys just got my supra TT yesterday and am nt sure if the traction control or boost gauge is working

Traction Control

In the fuel gauge of the dash there is a text flashing orange can't remember what is says but i can't turn it off. when i press the traction control button it still stays flashing what does this mean?? any help would be nice :)

also the boost gauge does'nt seem to move does this only move when hitting the red line or should it be moving all through the revs until i let off the throttle.

when you press the traction control button - this should appear permanently on in the dash cluster.

when traction control kicks in, the light will start flashing in the dash cluster.

when you are driving in good grip conditions, the traction control light should be OFF.

ok guys just got my supra TT yesterday and am nt sure if the traction control or boost gauge is working

Traction Control

In the fuel gauge of the dash there is a text flashing orange can't remember what is says but i can't turn it off. when i press the traction control button it still stays flashing what does this mean?? any help would be nice :)

also the boost gauge does'nt seem to move does this only move when hitting the red line or should it be moving all through the revs until i let off the throttle.

The boost gauge tells you what pressure is in the inlet manifold, if its not moving its either not hosed up or broke

the flashing orange light is the "track con off light" it stays on permanently when the traction control is turned off the green light below this tells you if the traction control is active, ie cutting power,

if the track con off light is flashing about second on 1 second off then there is a fault in the traction control system and it has been disengaged, to find the problem you need to pull the error codes out the ecu, ill try find a link to a how too..

the track con cant be re engaged or user selectable until the ecu has been reset and the error it is detecting is fixed;)