The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift indicator chrome bulbs

DaveR

Hi all.

Quick (hopefully) question: where can I get chrome bulbs for the clear (facelift) front indicators? I've got the smaller ones (code 501) that go in the outside apertures, but the larger ones are proving more difficult to find.

Any help will be much appreciated as it seems pointless to go through all the trouble of modifying the clear units to fit to get rid of the horrible orange plastic only to fit big orange bulbs inside them!

Have a look on eBay mate, halfords may even do them now aswell. So are you using both bulbs as indicators? I thought the facelift ones had two bulbs, one for indicators, one for sidelights?

Could someone correct me if i'm wrong as i have still to fit mine.:)

Depends how you wire them up really, can have them as both indicators or one indicator and one side light.

I have mine as an extra side light

Got my bulbs from ebay but had a quick look for you and cant find the bigger ones at the mo, you need the T20 bulb i think it is

That's ace! Thanks a lot for that. I tried eBay before but couldn't come up with anything...

I can't work out which set-up to go for with the facelift units - both bulbs as indicators or the outer ones as sidelights... Both will require some variety of soldering (I think - waiting on the harness to arrive from Toyota later this week), so it's a case of aesthetics rather than just which is easiest. What's the opinion here? Is a HUGE indicator best or an extra sidelight?

Cheers Pabs.

Have you got the link? Just tried searching on there, but no joy.

Pretty sure these are the ones I bought:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_list.asp?cat1=37&cat2=55

WY21W bulbs - big wedge type.

I know that with the facelift indicators you need to change the bulb holders over, so assuming you've done that I'm sure the above ones will be the right ones?

They fit mine - I know that much!