The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which exhaust?

Supra786

I have a fully decatted NA and the exhaust at the moment is a custom one. The exhaust is just to loud and deafening! :(

I was looking to make the exhaust quieter and just wanted something which was quiet but when you put your foot down had a nice roar.

I was also told the HKS Silent HiPower was a good option.

Does anyone have any recommendations? What about all the NA owners, what do you have and whats it like?

i have the apexi gt which is really quiet like stock but with a nicer tone

Are you fully decatted? And how much was the Apexi GT and where did you get one from? Im just doing a search in youtube to see if there are any clips. Thanks mate.

- Apexi GT

Anymore?

I have a HKs Silent Hi Power on my N/A but no decat. looking to get the second one done but not both as have been told it would be too loud and raspy. I would definately recommend it as it is not too loud but has a very deep note to it (without being annoying!) and sounds very nice when you put your foot down ;)

Did you have remove both cats at the same time or one then the other? if so which one ot of the two would you say to get done?

I have a HKs Silent Hi Power on my N/A but no decat. looking to get the second one done but not both as have been told it would be too loud and raspy. I would definately recommend it as it is not too loud but has a very deep note to it (without being annoying!) and sounds very nice when you put your foot down ;)

Did you have remove both cats at the same time or one then the other? if so which one ot of the two would you say to get done?

Hi mate, thanks for the recommendation, I am giving it serious thought about getting the HKS but just was concerned it will still be too loud as I wanted to stay fully decatted because of the responsiveness of the car. Might just put my first cat back on. :innocent:

As to answer your question I had the second cat taken out first and that sounded okay and was not too loud. I would recommend maybe keeping the first cat in as when I had it, it wasnt too bad. If you do, let me know how it is because I might just do the same. The HKS Silent HiPower seems like the best option.

I've been thinking about HKS too. I did a post to see which was quieter. The silent hi power is anything but... its LOUD. I think i've made my mind up now with the nur spec rx. Im double decat with a kakimoto r exhaust (silencer box and back box) and its too quiet - almost like stock which is confusing.

I've been thinking about HKS too. I did a post to see which was quieter. The silent hi power is anything but... its LOUD. I think i've made my mind up now with the nur spec rx. Im double decat with a kakimoto r exhaust (silencer box and back box) and its too quiet - almost like stock which is confusing.

Im confused now :blink: I don't what to go for? I was under the impression that the HKS Silent Hipower was "silent" . I dont need it to be stock silent but definitely quieter than what I have now. A little roar would be nice. Definitely louder than stock.

I also gave envy a call and they advised me on the HKS Silent HiPower. Im kind of getting the impression not matter what exhaust you go for on the NA as long as your full decatted, it will always be loud. Could this be true?

And Dazzi are you going to stay fully decatted?

Let us know how the nur spec rx sounds. Thanks :)

So thats:-

-Apexi GT

-HKS Silent HiPower

-Blitz NUR Spec RX

anymore? :search:

Nic (Import pimp) said the HKS is rated 99db for the na. Thats pretty loud considering stock is about 89db. 99db is like 'lawn mower' noise lol The RX has a built in baffle. I was a little skeptical about the baffle producing back pressure but seeing as I have no cats then its like 2 wrongs making a right (right as in low noise). This thread with a RX on a fully decatted TT was helpful, but you must understand na's are louder as we have no turbo reducing the noise. I think its rated 91db on a stock TT but I could be wrong. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=119919

Nic (Import pimp) said the HKS is rated 99db for the na. Thats pretty loud considering stock is about 89db. 99db is like 'lawn mower' noise lol The RX has a built in baffle. I was a little skeptical about the baffle producing back pressure but seeing as I have no cats then its like 2 wrongs making a right (right as in low noise). This thread with a RX on a fully decatted TT was helpful, but you must understand na's are louder as we have no turbo reducing the noise. I think its rated 91db on a stock TT but I could be wrong. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=119919

That sounds okay on a TT, but I wonder what it will be like on our NA's with full decats. I can understand the turbo's reduce the noise so therefore it will not sound like that on the NA but Dazzi if your saying this is quieter than the HKS than I am probably going to go with this. I don't want the "lawn mower" noise for certain. ;)

If the RX however is rated as 91db on a TT, what would it be on an NA with full decat? Would it be less than the HKS rated 99db? Obviously there probably aren't no official figures but if you had to estimate?

Im guessing you are gonna get the RX and stay fully decatted? How much is the RX? and where are you getting it from? Sorry about all the questions but need to sort something out as the exhaust which is on now is really LOUD.

That sounds okay on a TT, but I wonder what it will be like on our NA's with full decats. I can understand the turbo's reduce the noise so therefore it will not sound like that on the NA but Dazzi if your saying this is quieter than the HKS than I am probably going to go with this. I don't want the "lawn mower" noise for certain. ;)

If the RX however is rated as 91db on a TT, what would it be on an NA with full decat? Would it be less than the HKS rated 99db? Obviously there probably aren't no official figures but if you had to estimate?

Im guessing you are gonna get the RX and stay fully decatted? How much is the RX? and where are you getting it from? Sorry about all the questions but need to sort something out as the exhaust which is on now is really LOUD.

The HKS is rated 99db on an na with both cats in and the RX about 91 with both cats in (on a TT). Say double decat and a HKS that could be 105db but the RX would be 101db - thats a total guess but the RX would probably come out quieter.

This vid from a dyno day will give you an idea. Animals supe (3:09) has a full decat with an apexi exhaust IIRC but with the baffle in. http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/jamesmark8378/?action=view&current=MiamiGTdynoday.flv

If I do get the RX it will be from Nic (Import pimp) - cheapest so far unless a 2nd hand one comes up. Buying from the UK your looking about 550 quid.

Edited by Dazzi (see edit history)

The HKS is rated 99db on an na with both cats in and the RX about 91 with both cats in (on a TT). Say double decat and a HKS that could be 105db but the RX would be 101db - thats a total guess but the RX would probably come out quieter.

This vid from a dyno day will give you an idea. Animals supe (3:09) has a full decat with an apexi exhaust IIRC but with the baffle in. http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/jamesmark8378/?action=view&current=MiamiGTdynoday.flv

If I do get the RX it will be from Nic (Import pimp) - cheapest so far unless a 2nd hand one comes up. Buying from the UK your looking about 550 quid.

Yours sounded quite nice, Animals supe was too LOUD. You've convinced me it will probably be the RX that I go for but it is a bit more pricey than the HKS but needs must.

Are you looking to get it anytime soon? Let me know when you do, I might just place an order to NIC when you do. So far it seems like the best option as I really dont want to have to put the cats back in.

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated. :D

And by the way that is one awesome Supe you got there.;)

Yours sounded quite nice, Animals supe was too LOUD. You've convinced me it will probably be the RX that I go for but it is a bit more pricey than the HKS but needs must.

Are you looking to get it anytime soon? Let me know when you do, I might just place an order to NIC when you do. So far it seems like the best option as I really dont want to have to put the cats back in.

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated. :D

And by the way that is one awesome Supe you got there.;)

Yea quite pricey, you can get the HKS 409 which is simular to the silent hi power but different material on the mid pipe. I've seen them on ebay for around 395 which is good if you don't want to spend hella lot. I might get one of them if I can't manage to shift a few more supra things. 85 quid a week on petrol is taking its toll on my funds, last thing I want to do is shell out 500 odd quid for an exhaust. I can always put a cat back in if I find it too loud. Im still in two minds what I defiantly want.. or what the neighbors want :p

Cheers for the comment, the full vid can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7eE74vUhqFY

Yea quite pricey, you can get the HKS 409 which is simular to the silent hi power but different material on the mid pipe. I've seen them on ebay for around 395 which is good if you don't want to spend hella lot. I might get one of them if I can't manage to shift a few more supra things. 85 quid a week on petrol is taking its toll on my funds, last thing I want to do is shell out 500 odd quid for an exhaust. I can always put a cat back in if I find it too loud. Im still in two minds what I defiantly want.. or what the neighbors want :p

Cheers for the comment, the full vid can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7eE74vUhqFY

Yea petrols also killing me, I also need to fit the O2 sensors I got of Nic's group buy with the new exhaust, which should makes things better. Im also making my exhaust quieter for the neighbours. :innocent:

Im also unsure about what to get but hopefully im better informed now. Im gonna check out the 409 aswell.

Im gonna check out the vid, thanks mate.:D

Yea petrols also killing me, I also need to fit the O2 sensors I got of Nic's group buy with the new exhaust, which should makes things better. Im also making my exhaust quieter for the neighbours. :innocent:

Im also unsure about what to get but hopefully im better informed now. Im gonna check out the 409 aswell.

Im gonna check out the vid, thanks mate.:D

I've got a few pics I can send over if you don't know where the 02 sensors are. When I changed mine (with universal 02 sensors) I did 245 miles to a tank, I now do 350 - most around town and a bit of booting it

I've got a few pics I can send over if you don't know where the 02 sensors are. When I changed mine (with universal 02 sensors) I did 245 miles to a tank, I now do 350 - most around town and a bit of booting it

Gonna get the exhaust first and then get it all fitted with a service with Mark at Phoenix. I should get more miles out of it then, its just really bad now with the price of petrol.

However if you could send me the pics I would be gratefull because it might be a while till I get the exhaust. Im so indecisive. :blink:

Thanks mate.