PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first supra

BigMoistyturbo
14-12-03, 23:30
Hiya just bought my first supra. It's a L reg UK spec twinturbo auto in silver with 52k on the clock and FTSH.
Basically I need advice on things to look out for and places to get parts/mods from.
Oh and to introduce myself my names Rob, I'm 21 and from Boston Lincolnshire, so hello everyone! :thumbs:

Seb
14-12-03, 23:43
Hey Rob, welcome aboard, and may I congratulate you on your choice of car (and version :innocent: ) Don't listen to anyone who uses the words 'lardy' and 'uk' in the same sentence. And trust me, there will be plenty... :) Hello and welcome!

Seb

BigMoistyturbo
14-12-03, 23:45
I haven't even driven one yet! I ordered it through work (toyota) from there auto find system. I'm well excited, will be here in 3-6 days!:flame Dev
I currently am running an mr2 turbo until it turns up.
What's the rated bhp of a UK spec and is it different to the jap one?

dude
14-12-03, 23:51
"What's the rated bhp of a UK spec and is it different to the jap one?"

Shall I ...................................................................................................................Nah , welcome to the bbs , cool handle BTW :thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

BigMoistyturbo
14-12-03, 23:52
Not sure if I like yours...lol :p

dude
14-12-03, 23:54
Originally posted by BigMoistyturbo
Not sure if I like yours...lol :p

Its me sig you dont like i meant your bbs 'name' how'd you come up with that one dude?????

BigMoistyturbo
14-12-03, 23:55
Ah handle is name, furry muff.
Well my handle is bigmoisty because of a certain reputation I have, which I couldn't divulge on here.
And the turbo bit...well because I've run quite a few turbo's!

Seb
14-12-03, 23:58
Rob, to answer all your Soop based Qs, simply look for any post that has a reply from 200SX Boy (Dave), his sig is something along the lines of the most useful sig in the whole world ever. At least when it comes to Soops.

Seb

dude
15-12-03, 00:03
"Well my handle is bigmoisty because of a certain reputation I have, which I couldn't divulge on here"

You should get on well with Paul E , he has a leaky front bottom too, in fact i heard hes getting some Blitz colostomy bags in , very streamlined , hardly any VPL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 00:05
I am lacking in the front bottom department I'm afraid due to a severe case of being male...

dude
15-12-03, 00:08
I am lacking in the front bottom department I'm afraid due to a severe case of being male...

so its yer back bottom thats f****d then ;) . Only joking dude , got any pics of the car , is it stock or modded , colour ???? wheels ??:cool:

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 00:11
Like I said before it's due to turn up in a few days. I've not physically seen it yet.
To cut a long story short I'm a car sales exec for toyota.
I saw this on the toyota national search system and rung the dealer. He described it to me and I had to "buy blind". I get to refuse the car if it's fucked.
It's totally stock. Silver with 53k on the clock and full toyota service history..and I bought it for trade price! woo hoo!

CJ
15-12-03, 00:17
Welcome M8. Are you one of the old school of car salesmen? You know, sheepskin coat etc...:innocent:

dude
15-12-03, 00:17
low miles for a uk car dude .

Dude :flame Dev

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 00:19
It seems to be a minter...
Touch wood it is! I'm killing my budget by buying a twin turbo but the supra has always been the car of my dreams and this one seems too good to miss

dude
15-12-03, 00:21
And youve bought the best colour as well , This boys got taste (except the UK bit);)

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 00:22
As it is stock any good places to buy affordable body mods?

dude
15-12-03, 00:26
As it is stock any good places to buy affordable body mods?

Funny you should mention that :cool:

Try www.miami-rice.com

but im biased :D

Will have pics of a silver car with a Bomex on it soon (mine)

Faye
15-12-03, 06:00
Hello and welcome.:thumbs:

Supragal
15-12-03, 08:23
Yeah, hi!!

Uk...lardy... (sorry, couldn't resist ;) )

I'm pulling your leg BTW, please don't take offence at that....

michael
15-12-03, 08:30
I haven't even driven one yet! I ordered it through work (toyota) from there auto find system. I'm well excited, will be here in 3-6 days!:flame Dev
I currently am running an mr2 turbo until it turns up.
What's the rated bhp of a UK spec and is it different to the jap one?

Welcome aboard and congratulations on joining the small group of elite UK Supra owners, believe me you'll start to feel really special soon when you realise how rare we are compared to thise J-Spec clones with their budget versions :D

Ah so that's why Toyota have been sending me emails pretending to have a car available! I registered for the finder service about a year ago and they have only started writing in the past week.

So another MR2 Turbo convert eh, are you on any of the other mailing lists? MR2DC IMOC-UK MR2OC etc?

Terminator
15-12-03, 09:16
Welcome, and enjoy you new car when it arrives because we all know you are going too.

Donít worry about all the paranoia shown by UKMKIV owners their cars are OK really ;)

BigRoy
15-12-03, 09:26
To answer his actual question;) The UK stomps out 326 BHP the jap wimpers out 280 BHP..:D The jap guys will insist on theres being the same but WE know the truth!:D

Apologies to GavinL, Dude made me do it!:innocent:

Supragal
15-12-03, 09:32
Originally posted by BigRoy
To answer his actual question;) The UK stomps out 326 BHP the jap wimpers out 280 BHP..:D The jap guys will insist on theres being the same but WE know the truth!:D

Apologies to GavinL, Dude made me do it!:innocent:

S'only coz you've cranked yours up to 1.3 bar!!!

(dyno day, dyno day dyno day)

Terminator
15-12-03, 09:35
Originally posted by BigRoy
To answer his actual question;) The UK stomps out 326 BHP the jap wimpers out 280 BHP..:D :D

You wish:flame Dev

Supragal
15-12-03, 09:37
Besides, everyone knows they're only "quoted" at 280 coz that the law over there... :p

BigRoy
15-12-03, 09:41
Yeah Yeah! So larger injectors and turbos have no effect on power do they!:D

Also I said jap guys, i forgot about Rosie, her one pushes out mostly bodyshop dust!:D

Supragal
15-12-03, 09:45
Maybe a little more ;) You wait til I've got my hybrids on there, I'll paste your butt!! :flame Dev

Yessss, mostly dust. But on the plus side my cars done less than 2000 miles this year :)

Terminator
15-12-03, 09:46
I think it is a mighty 276 ponies in Japan.:D

Gaz Walker
15-12-03, 10:20
Hello and Welcome :thumbs:

Dude was only kidding when he said Miami Rice, he really wants you to buy them from

http://www.envyperformance.com/images/plug.gif www.envyperformance.com (http://www.envyperformance.com) http://www.envyperformance.com/images/plug.gif

;)

Barney
15-12-03, 10:41
Welcome aboard

SkyJawa
15-12-03, 13:09
Welcome to the board - so then, can you sort us cheap dealer parts since you work for 'em? ;) :p

:D

LeeT
15-12-03, 13:26
Originally posted by HISUPE
Welcome to the board - so then, can you sort us cheap dealer parts since you work for 'em? ;) :p

:D

good question. how about it?

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 14:56
I can indeed do some cheaper parts.
My car has fallen through thou!!!
So anyone looking to sell me a twin turbo for £8000-£11000 should contact me asap before I buy one from auto-trader!

P.s I need to flog my mr2 turbo if anyone knows anyone who wants one for £2500 with 85k on the clock!

Paul Laing
15-12-03, 15:23
Hi and welcome, read the spec sheets for UK cars and Jap cars. the UK and USA cars are far superior compared to the Jap ones, bigger injectors, bigger turbo's, diff cooler, more bhp etc etc i could go on for ages.......but you have a great car mate. Enjoy :thumbs:

toyotasuprauk
15-12-03, 15:31
Hi BigMoistyturbo,

Sorry to hear about your car falling through! Really annoying.

Do you mind me asking how much Toyota price this car at when you said trade price?

Paul Laing
15-12-03, 15:51
Sorry to hear it's fallen through, trust me to just reply without reading all the posts.....

Paul

Barney
15-12-03, 16:00
Sorry to hear about your car deal falling through, don't loose heart though I bought mine via Autotrader over a year ago for £8,500 so they do come up ....but you have to be very quick at that price!....good luck and let us know how you get on.

Whitesupraboy2
15-12-03, 16:08
Originally posted by Barney
Sorry to hear about your car deal falling through, don't loose heart though I bought mine via Autotrader over a year ago for £8,500 so they do come up ....but you have to be very quick at that price!....good luck and let us know how you get on.

and urs is UK TT

i paid that much for my NA.... was i ripped off!!! :eek:

Barney
15-12-03, 16:15
I was very lucky to find a UK TT at that price as most of them were around £12,000 at the time, the dealer I bought it from didn't really know what he had, believe you me it was the quickest 130 miles I have ever done to get to the car first!!

Terminator
15-12-03, 16:23
They do come up that low sometimes, but usually they are rough, thrashed and battle scarred, so not so many lookers. Sounds like Barney was incredibly lucky.

Whitesupraboy2
15-12-03, 16:40
http://community.webshots.com/s/image1/7/87/9/103478709PshSqG_ph.jpg

im happy wit my beast, im only 20 so plenty of time for TT;)

Paul Laing
15-12-03, 16:53
Amazing picture!!!!!! :D

Whitesupraboy2
15-12-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Paul Laing
Amazing picture!!!!!! :D

we call it a supra meet...... we have quite a few down south :cool:

should pop along although make a weekend of it!

Trig
15-12-03, 17:15
Originally posted by whitesupraboy2
im only 20 so plenty of time for TT;) [/B]

I'm feeling that! i paid 10.5K for my NA!! but saying that mine came with a full veilside kit, 18" rims, and only 28k on the clock. Im pleased with it tho.

P.S sorry to hear bout the car deal falling thru. keep your eyes peeled! And welcome to the board :thumbs:

far
15-12-03, 17:22
Originally posted by Paul Laing
Hi and welcome, read the spec sheets for UK cars and Jap cars. the UK and USA cars are far superior compared to the Jap ones, bigger injectors, bigger turbo's, diff cooler, more bhp etc etc i could go on for ages.......but you have a great car mate. Enjoy :thumbs:

here we go again :D

Welcome to the board dude - im sure theres a supra with your name on it somewhere :thumbs:

SkyJawa
15-12-03, 17:37
Bummer about the car :( .........and your timing ;) Just spent 650 quid at the dealers :(

LOL!

Steve W2
15-12-03, 18:17
Sorry to hear about your mate! At least you can get a quick one now:p

Have a go in em all and see which you prefer, don't worry if you choose a UK, it just means your gei! Still those two massive dildo's on the front of yer car would probably come in handy then!:D

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 18:20
I'm not too gutted because I really wanted a manual anyway.
The main thing for me is I can afford one!!! lol
It won't be long...I'm set on a supra and I'm sure you guys will find one for me if I don't find one...

Rob_B
15-12-03, 19:03
Welcome to the BBS dude..

Rgds,
Rob.:thumbs:

LeeT
15-12-03, 19:26
I'm not too gutted because I really wanted a manual anyway.
The main thing for me is I can afford one!!! lol
It won't be long...I'm set on a supra and I'm sure you guys will find one for me if I don't find one...

if you dont mind the jap spec tt, i think dude has two for sale. look in 4 sale section
cheers ...lee

BigMoistyturbo
15-12-03, 23:26
Indeed he does and I'm making enquiries...

Paul R
15-12-03, 23:41
lol.

the silver modded manual is mine already!

beat ya to it!! :)

Sharpie
16-12-03, 00:22
Welcome Rob :)

skylinelee
16-12-03, 00:49
welcome
im the black sheep of the board cos i drive a datsun:D
only 21 you better start growing some chest hair soon lad to go with that supra..if you find one.
awesome cars just a bit girly looking for us gtr owners:p

lee

MONKEYmark
16-12-03, 01:00
a supra is like a womans ass from behind so round and sexy
and a sexy shape to it when it squats down

a skyline is like a blokes ass, keep well clear as its a hairy ass builder and watch out for all the black clouds of black deisel smoke they chuck out when they put there foot down. :)

i have a supra and have 10 hairs on my chest,

supra owners are nice and helpfull, the gtr boys all fight each other and stab each other in the back.

welcome to the bored

watch out theres a few strange people on here

have fun

xxx
xx
x

Terminator
16-12-03, 01:04
Some people need all wheel drive they just can't handle a real car:p:flame Dev

Thorin
16-12-03, 01:07
Originally posted by Terminator

LOL :D

BigMoisty, don't mind Lee he's alright really. :p

I think we should have a sign on here saying please do not feed the Skyline owners. ;)

skylinelee
16-12-03, 01:38
Originally posted by Terminator

aww pick on me day is it ? :D
i give you all webcam links and this is how im repayed:(

monkey dont lie you got a hairy chest.......your a monkey right? helloooooooo........ all monkeys are hairy that live in leeds:D

look guys all this hate inside you building up........all because of TOTB1/TOTB2 ... why do you keep bringing it up if it hurts:D
c'mon open up, im a good listener...............ahhh thats it let it all out, you'll feel much better

lotsa gtr love
lee

thorin
you still watching it m8?

GESIT
16-12-03, 09:27
Welcome ROB!!!:cool:

You will enjoy your Supe i am sure.....we all do!!!

They guys and Gals on here are really helpful and the traders are great too, you can pick up many a bargain and then like me, remember that you are meant to be buying Christmas presents for OTHER people:D

Enjoy the ride

G

Thorin
16-12-03, 19:22
Originally posted by skylinelee
thorin
you still watching it m8?

I was. But I'm having trouble seeing much of anything at all now. :D

BigMoistyturbo
17-12-03, 00:19
Cheers guys! Hopefully I should be buying the one from dude.
Black 6 speed TT.
In the meantime if any of you live near boston come see me so I can get a supra fix!!!

Thorin
17-12-03, 00:25
Cheers guys! Hopefully I should be buying the one from dude.
Black 6 speed TT.

Ahhh, good choice :D

BigMoistyturbo
17-12-03, 00:27
All depends on me selling my mr2 pretty sharpish...can't have 3 cars on my driveway!!!
So if anyone can flog my mr2 turbo for me I'd be rather happy!

michael
17-12-03, 08:05
So if anyone can flog my mr2 turbo for me I'd be rather happy!

http://www.imoc.co.uk > "2Mart" and post some info on the Q&A General section

BigMoistyturbo
17-12-03, 08:56
I've put it on IMOC. It's the one in Boston at £2600.

Aerotop Dave
17-12-03, 09:02
Originally posted by Seb
Rob, to answer all your Soop based Qs, simply look for any post that has a reply from 200SX Boy (Dave), his sig is something along the lines of the most useful sig in the whole world ever. At least when it comes to Soops.

Seb

:thumbs:

Welcome aboard! :) And here's that (in)famous sig...

Whitesupraboy2
17-12-03, 09:37
The worst supra ever link dont work mate! thought id have a look but i wasnt allowed!! :twak:

Aerotop Dave
17-12-03, 16:42
You're right :eek:

omg, that was a great thread.

I hope someone has kept the pic of the silver Supra with 'that' bodykit...

Suprash
17-12-03, 23:19
Where is it then......

Aerotop Dave
18-12-03, 08:52
Where's what? The pic or the thread? I suspect the thread was in the chit-chat section and has fallen off the bottom :(

JohnK
18-12-03, 10:32
How do you get on for insurance?

Just so your aware, inferior J spec cars cost a LOT more to insure than UK cars.

Finding a good UK spec especially a manual at your price range will be a difficult job though, Only 623 (total auto and manual) ever sold, so very exclusive.

Also if you get a UK spec you wont spen months in the wanted section looking to buy bits from one like resistor pack, injectors, leather interior, active front spoiler ect.

Paul R
18-12-03, 11:05
Originally posted by JohnK

Just so your aware, inferior J spec cars cost a LOT more to insure than UK cars.

Finding a good UK spec especially a manual at your price range will be a difficult job though, Only 623 (total auto and manual) ever sold, so very exclusive.

Also if you get a UK spec you wont spend months in the wanted section looking to buy bits from one like resistor pack, injectors, leather interior, active front spoiler ect.

I think your comments are very generalised and biased.

A jspec only costs around anopther 400 quid to insure. But your forgetting that a UK spec car costs 1-2k more to buy!

And then they are usually high mileage or clocked.

J-Spec cars are generally in better condition with lower mileage and more aftermarket kit.

And dont forget they are quicker off the mark too!!

:p :p :p :p :flame Dev

Steve W2
18-12-03, 12:22
Originally posted by JohnK

Also if you get a UK spec you wont spen months in the wanted section looking to buy bits from one like resistor pack, injectors, leather interior, active front spoiler ect.

My car has an active spoiler, 7 speaker stereo, and leather interior as standard from Japan.

You dont need the resistor pack and injectors unless you are planning to more than 1.2 Bar boost (which is achievable for half the cost of a UK spec).

You could eat your dinner of my engine bay as well, and my insurance is only £630 fully comp with Tesco's (I'm 24).:)

Your all just jealous that you ended up paying more money for a car that doesn't go as fast, weighs more and is gei.:p

Aerotop Dave
18-12-03, 15:37
I've never done a quote for a UK car, but I'm only paying £470 for my J Spec (33 years old).

Has anyone ever actually done like-for-like insurance quotes on J-Spec v UK car (with all insurance-related details exactly the same)

JohnK
18-12-03, 18:03
I did when I was looking for a Supe, most companys wanted almost double the UK quote, and being under 30 doesnt help at all for import insurance, as all the companys that aparently give people good quotes wouldnt quote me unless I was over 30!

BigMoistyturbo
18-12-03, 19:03
STRUCK A DEAL WITH DUDE!!!
WOO HOO BLACK 6 SPEED TT ON THE WAY!!!

BigMoistyturbo
19-12-03, 00:42
My insurance for a j-spec (being 21 with 1 years NCB) is £2626
On a UK spec one it was £2568
So either way...ouch!!!
But I'm willing to pay it to get my dream car!

dude
19-12-03, 08:28
My mates son 21 not a good history got a quote of £1800 on a modified TT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i'll send you some pics of the valeted car tonight and you can post em up if you so wish .

BigMoistyturbo
19-12-03, 08:30
Aye I can't wait!
Let me know as soon as the car will be ready so I can come down and get her!
So your registering her and taxing her right?

I have a funny feeling in my tummy.....SUPRA!

dude
19-12-03, 08:33
Car will be ready to drive away.

BigMoistyturbo
19-12-03, 08:35
Bloody christmas gets in the way of everything!
I'm thinking Monday is a possibility, but might have to wait until after chrimbo :(

Sharpie
19-12-03, 12:19
Originally posted by 200SX Boy
You're right :eek:

omg, that was a great thread.

I hope someone has kept the pic of the silver Supra with 'that' bodykit...

are you talking about this one ?

It's been changed now you know ?

Aerotop Dave
19-12-03, 13:44
Aye, that's the one. It's treason.

How has it been changed? Surely it must be for the better? I mean... how could it get any worse? :)

Barney
19-12-03, 13:50
I'll 2nd that Dave!!

Paul R
19-12-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Peter Sharp
are you talking about this one ?

It's been changed now you know ?

Looks like a cross between a merc, supra and something else!

nice wheels though!

Paul.

dude
19-12-03, 20:12
Sneak preview of Bigmoisty's new ride

BigMoistyturbo
19-12-03, 21:46
Looks good mate. Not sure about the supra sticker thou...still easy job to remove it if it bugs me.
Other than that looks fab!
Guess I might have to put a viel side bumper on it from looking at some the bbs guys rides!

dude
19-12-03, 22:08

Other than that looks fab!
Guess I might have to put a viel side bumper on it from looking at some the bbs guys rides! [/B]

No not the veilside , trust me go for the Bomex !!!!!

Amazing grace
22-12-03, 01:57
Welcome to the board,
I like the wheels and black cars when polished look the best.Good luck with her and enjoy, Lots. Lol:thumbs:

BigMoistyturbo
22-12-03, 01:59
I'm so excited a bit of wee came out...

dude
22-12-03, 09:19
Paul has that same problem except the amount increases with age so anyone near gets pretty wet !!!!!!:D

BigMoistyturbo
22-12-03, 10:11
The wait is killing me...
Kick DVLA's ass and tell them to work over christmas so I can have my car sooner! lol

Steve W2
22-12-03, 10:58
Patience is a virtue my friend. Go and paint a fence and then clean lots of cars to help you.

Remember, wax on, wax off!!:p

CJ
22-12-03, 16:31
I know how you feel M8. I had to wait 3 weeks from when the car cleared customs until it came through the SVA.

But trust me, it is defo worth the wait! :D