The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT transplant

KamaSupra

Looking into getting a TT engine transplanted into my NA.

I've looked at loads of other threads on doing transplants and understand why its easier to just buy a TT. And I would do but because its an aerotop thats why I wanna keep it. Good or bad idea?

Looking into getting a TT engine transplanted into my NA.

I've looked at loads of other threads on doing transplants and understand why its easier to just buy a TT. And I would do but because its an aerotop thats why I wanna keep it. Good or bad idea?

Well there are pro's and con's to it mate...Its totally up to you at the end of the day but if i were you, i would save money and buy a TT because if you had a transplant,

you could have 'teething' problems which could cost you more money and after all that money spent, you could have been on the road enjoying your new TT! :D

Having said that, dannysilva on here had a TT transplant and so far so good...:) ;)

I've been speaking to AFR on here and they've done quite a few transplants. Means no getting rid of car which I haven't even had a year yet either. If it wasn't an aerotop I''d have noooo problems selling the car but it is one so I'm screwed! Transplant is only way unless I saved loads of money for aerotop TT.

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)

yes i do... me and much more guys!!(miko_supra and luigi) and very happy with it... and i wish a had a aero!! :)

go for it.. make sure who does your conversion is someone serius and you will be fine!!

You've had no problems have you, who done yours? I've been talking to AFR and noticed silverstone garage do it too.

AFAIK I was one of the fost uns to get it done, Jezz and his merry band did mine and I'm very happy.

Well, let me qualify that. The performance increase is unimaginable. You do, well I do, worry quite a lot about the car. It'l take a long while for me to totally trust it like I did the N/A. It doesn't help that there have been a couple of niggly issues I've had to deal with.

If your car is something you cherish, then think carefully. But at the end of the day, TT rules!!!!:D;)

I've just had mine done from Jezz. As above you porbably will have a few little post conversion troubles, it's to be expected but I have to say the after sales service from Silverstone Garage (Jezz) has been great. All my problems were sorted out free of charge. The sent me parts via next day courier and even payed my petrol costs for me to get the car bak to them from Newcastle to sort my little issues.

The differance between N/A and TT is astronomical mate. I vote get it done!

Hey happy birthday Pabs! Yeah I'd eventually wanna maunal g/box in mine too but first need to get rid of that slow NA engine!

It's Funny when I got my car I thought wow the NA's quite fast! Which it is, but it's just not as fast a TT and I can't stand that. I need more power so as I have the money I'm going TT!

Anyone done an auto-manual g/box change, if so how much?

Hey happy birthday Pabs! Yeah I'd eventually wanna maunal g/box in mine too but first need to get rid of that slow NA engine!

It's Funny when I got my car I thought wow the NA's quite fast! Which it is, but it's just not as fast a TT and I can't stand that. I need more power so as I have the money I'm going TT!

Anyone done an auto-manual g/box change, if so how much?

speak to "jezz" about the gearbox change. It costs about £3000 iirc for the conversion and parts

EDIT: or you can do it very cheaply in comparison and put a N/A manual gearbox in for a fraction of the price. The gear box alone only costs about £250 second hand. I'm running a TT through the N/A gearbox at the moment