The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-cats

AlexJames

Hey guys,

Just a quick question for you all... I have brought the 1st de-cat pipe(from the engine) a while back and it seems to be about a 3" across, maybe more... I have just brought the 2nd de-cat pipe and its a 2 1/2" ... is that right? Im totally confused...

AFAIK the 1st cat is different on a J-Spec to a UK - have you got the right one?

Edit: Need pics really

That might be the problem.

The first de-cat is def over 2 1/2, its almost at 3 and there is a hole where the exhaust comes near the centre of the car..

pics...

exhaust.JPG

Guest Angry Koala

Looks like you've got yourself a UK spec 1st decat there which won't fit a J spec whatever you do to it..... 2nd decat yes you could just block up the sensor hole (I have a J spec car with a UK spec 2nd decat with the hole blocked) but 1st decat, no sorry. :(

Looks like you've got yourself a UK spec 1st decat there which won't fit a J spec whatever you do to it..... 2nd decat yes you could just block up the sensor hole (I have a J spec car with a UK spec 2nd decat with the hole blocked) but 1st decat, no sorry. :(

Cheers for the, I may of confused you a little there though.

The 1st decat (nearest the engine) has the hole in it) and is 3" 's

The 2nd decat is 2 1/2 so I would imagine is a j-spec which will fit...?

yeah its simela to that one but longer, in fact its way to long, I took it to a garage to have a propper look under it and its WAY to long, it must be for the UK spec. I will stop being cheap and just buy the other half of it from wifbitz lol

yeah its simela to that one but longer, in fact its way to long, I took it to a garage to have a propper look under it and its WAY to long, it must be for the UK spec. I will stop being cheap and just buy the other half of it from wifbitz lol

You might have a decat for the MKIII or even a second decat (long one). Where did you buy it from? Got a link?

You have a one piece UK spec cat pipe to remove BOTH cats and also a UK spec 2nd decat pipe to remove just the 2nd cat. The latter can be used on J-Spec cars, I can sell you a proper stainless steel adaptor to fit a removable bung over the hole with 2 studs sticking up, where the 2nd O2 sensor on a UK car would go. You can then either leave it blanked off with the bung, or use it to fit a wide band sensor for test purposes. i can also sell you the proper J-Spec 1st cat pipe to mate up with it, and the gaskets and a restrictor ring. If you are interested ring me, number below, thanks.

Hi Chris

I have a Jspec Supra with both CATS, she has a CAT back Power House Amuse System on her; would the standard JSpec decats work or would you say somebody would need to take a look before getting decats

PM me Price please both Decats and Restrictor Ring if they will fit?

Can I measure from Downpipe to end of Second CAT to verify Standard Decats will work?

• 3 years later...
Guest BradMD

hey chris, do you have any 2nd decat pipes 3" and how much? Also will it fit on the stock exhaust with no probs, its a 1994 N/A j-spec

thanks