The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally finished Angel Eyes

Scott

Finished my angel eyes off tonight. Got a couple of pics to show.

I must admit they came out a lot better than i expected them too. I decided to leave out the full beam ones as i thought it was a bit much.

Regardless, i'm very happy with the result.

attachment.php?attachmentid=76004&stc=1&d=1211497141

attachment.php?attachmentid=76005&stc=1&d=1211497141

attachment.php?attachmentid=76006&stc=1&d=1211497141

attachment.php?attachmentid=76009&stc=1&d=1211537458

Excuse the dodgy pics. I am anything but a camera expert. I tried to change the settings to take a pic of what it actually looks like. If i take a picture with normal exposure they look really bright which they aren't. They look like pic2 in normal light.

Angel1.jpg

Angel2.jpg

Angel3.jpg

Day1.jpg

Edited by Scott
Adding daytime pic (see edit history)

Looks like you've done a great job :thumbs:

i like the look of those :D What do you use to make the lights?

Reinforced cold cathode rings with dc-ac inverter

Hope you have got a set of HIDs to go in there... would be a shame to have old yellowing bulbs in them, they do look good.

Yeah i have 6700k HID's so they shouldn't look out of place. Your right though, they would probably make the lights look crap if they were stock.

Looks awesome mate, i remember chatting to you about this not too long ago lol!

The 1st and 2nd pics are the best as it shows the angel eyes the best...:D

Its really difficult to take pics lol. Believe it or not my living room light is on, at a normal level, for all the pics. My camera has lots of settings so i just played around until i got presentable ones lol.

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Reinforced cold cathode rings with dc-ac inverter

Yeah i have 6700k HID's so they shouldn't look out of place. Your right though, they would probably make the lights look crap if they were stock.

Its really difficult to take pics lol. Believe it or not my living room light is on, at a normal level, for all the pics. My camera has lots of settings so i just played around until i got presentable ones lol.

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Haha...looks lovely though, good work scotster...:D ;)

Oh by the way, for those thinking of doing it its cost me almost £200 all in for the lights.

Most of it was trial end error. If i was doing it again it would still cost me around £150

The lights were £100 delivered

The first set of cathodes were £40 delivered (waste of money, broke if you looked at them)

The second set of cathodes were £50 delivered (much better, had a plastic casing round them)

The rest was spent on glue, black matt paint and primer.

Also make sure you are ok with profanity.

Oh by the way, for those thinking of doing it its cost me almost £200 all in for the lights.

Most of it was trial end error. If i was doing it again it would still cost me around £150

The lights were £100 delivered

The first set of cathodes were £40 delivered (waste of money, broke if you looked at them)

The second set of cathodes were £50 delivered (much better, had a plastic casing round them)

The rest was spent on glue, black matt paint and primer.

Also make sure you are ok with profanity.

:D

Great job Scotster. Looks a lot of work there. :)

When are you applying for hobbyist then? :D

Thanks for the good feedback :)

Already been knocked back for hobbyist buddy ;) Think i must be one of the first on the forum, noone voted for me :(

I'll get a pic in natural light in a few mins

Thats them fitted on the car. Was pretty straight forward actually i just spliced into the sidelights.

I took pics during showing the old and the new together and also the finished product. I've had to format my lappy though as its going in for repair and its the only card reader that takes my card lol.

I'm going out tonight but if i'm not too drunk when i get in i'll turn the lights on and take some pics of the nighttime finished product.

I must admit Marc i was having doubts while doing the lights, but now i see the finished product in the flesh they look good. I'm very impressed. I think leaving out the full beam ring went a long way to winning me over.