The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone bought stuff from Ebay?

Paul Laing

you want to talk to the ebay king skyline lee he buys some right shit off there

he bought a churchil nodding dog for his skyline. and flashing orange lights for £2.50

you have to be carefull lots of people trying to rip you off. sister bought a phone off there he said it was perfect condition with a tiny scratch. turns out the screen had a big scratch on it and was unable to see what you were doing. he was trying to blame sister saying it was her fault. she had to source a new screen at her cost.

I have had good and bad results. The better buys are usually from people in this country as it is easier to get recourse should something go wrong.

The bargains from the USA and other foreign shores are not quite the bargains they first appear once you realise that you have to pay carriage, import duty and VAT on top.

I cannot remember what the latin phrase is but it roughly translates to - "Let the buyer beware"!

In general, I've not had any problems. But it's all down to luck. 2 items I won got lost in the post: 1 guy sent me another one straight away, the other sorted me out compensation from royal mail. Even something I bought from US got here fine. User rating tends to be a pretty good indication, but you can never tell when they are gonna slip up. I love ebay though, lets me get all the weird shit I like and can't get anywhere else.

Seb

I have been pretty lucky on Ebay. Won some good deals from good sellers. Other things are not always quite what they seem. All the action happens in the last few seconds if the item is popular so be prepared with your top price if you really want it.

Beware of fix up auctions where the seller has a new bidder with no history, coming in and stuffing the price up. I know it happens as I know sellers that do it. I got into an auction like that that once and was not using automatic bidding so went higher than I should. The next day I got mail to say top bidder was out and the item was mine for £10 less than the winning bid. Told the seller I had won the bid on a similar item and did not want it, never heard anything again nor did he post anything bad about me.

On expensive items delicate I have always insisted on going to collect, that way if it is crap, you walk, (not an option with items from the USA;) ) A genuine seller with quality goods will probably not object. The last stuff I bought the seller showed me all the parts working fully before helping me pack it all into its original boxes.

Totally agree with the other comments about buying from abroad.

The strut brace could cost you another £60 -£70 to get back to the UK if you get stung for everything to get it here.

Originally posted by keron

i always use ebay. never had any problems really, i brought a front strut-brace for about $14 !!! and i know they are still selling them now for that price. and its 'buy it now' !

im always buying stuff, never had any problems. but if IIRC the strut braces for sale do not fit the uk spec because of clearance problems with bonnet scoop

cheers ..lee

"Won" a SET (!) of std. 17" Soop wheels on there......

When I'd "Won" them and was actually speaking to the owner

(who naturally turned out to be a dealer:sly: )

I asked the question "have they got 'std.' tyres on ??"

the reply was "oh,Yes, four std. tyres, all 235/45/17"

It turned out they were all FRONTS ! !

I of course told the dealer who said "TOUGH" I'd bought 'em

and had to pay for 'em.

I tried to contact E-Bay (E-Mail) and was told "TOUGH" it doesn't

matter if they've been MISS-advertised as a Std. SET, I would

have to pay for 'em anyway ???????

I said "Stuff that up yer clunge matie-pips" and I am therefor

'Black-Listed' on E-Bay.......................

SO..... as Thorin says BUYER beware 'cos the seller can lie his

teeth off ! BUT, you DON'T have to actually part with yer cash

if you REALLY don't like the deal....

(SO FAR, the deals made on E-Bay are NOT legally binding

contracts)

FatS. (digruntled...but, NOT £300 'light' ! ! !)

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:)

CJ your Avatar is BLOODY M a r v e l o u s !!

PS has she got a younger sis...

Fifty

"I used to work in Wales"

She's nice eh Fifty. Her name is Baaaabaaara. I am sure she has a sister called Maaaaaaary.

:D