The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Breaking traction: really this easy?!

Seb

I know my rears are worn, but I wasn't expecting this to happen. No need to worry mind, no heart in mouth moments, Soop is still a-ok. First time, I put my foot down in 3rd, not wot, maybe 50%, and just before 2nd turbo, a slight shimmy from the rear and the trac light flashes a few times. This was in a straight line, though it was pretty soggy out. Second time, turning onto a main road from a junction, very very gentle acceleration in 1st, a little judder from the back, and trac light flashing again. I was a little surprised both times, but like I say, nothing happened, I just expected more traction than this! Roll on Eagle F1s!

Seb

Sounds pretty normal to me Seb with stock TC. I have had a few experiences while driving along the M25 where I put my foot down, like you did, and the back begins to shimmy. That was in a straight line also with a slightly damp road.

Good fun tho isn't it :D

Rob.

That's cool then. My Saxo never used to that y'see, but with 50bhp, it could barely rotate the front wheels anyway :) Gotta wait till early Jan for my new rims to arrive, which will immediately be shod with some F1s. Rob it is fun, as long as you are used to it. If you want the ultimate heart in mouth straight-line wheelspin moment, watch High Octane 2, and marvel as a 750bhp GT2 attempts a top speed run on an absolutely soaking runway. 3 spins at 280kph before almost mowing down a camera man? Oh yes...

Seb