The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grrr bloody tyre...

hoff

Bloody hell. Just after the expense of getting my engine done this morning on the way to work i notice i have a flat tyre. I had a meeting at half 9 so had no option to carry on. I nursed her to a garage to put some air in but the tyre was cooked:( So ive had no choice but to get a part worn Kumo tyre put on just now. Its actually 99% fine but obviously not a great tyre and i now have 2 differant rear tyres with slightly differant tread wear:rolleyes: Im sure it will be fine for the run around north wales at the weekend but i know im going to half to fork out on tyres come payday. Gutted:(

Yep, especially as my previous tyre had good tread on it, as has the surving rear. Whats best to do leave it as both rears have tidy tread, change the older one so both have as good as new tread or change both rears?

Take it nice and easy, my m8 had 1 new rear tyre on a rover 216 many years ago. Due to the difference in grip levels he managed to end up in a field after performing a triple salco.

Very lucky we walked away with no more than a bang on the head.

The IT guy at my work with a Supra changes his tyres one at a time, as and when necessary :blink: He reckons his rears are 6k miles out from each other, and they last ~12k miles!! If he hasn't parked in a tree over the last however many years he's owned it, I'm sure you'll be fine dude! :)

I would leave it, you have already said its a PITA and you will be spending money you dont have, unless it feels really poor grip I would wait and change them together when you can afford it

Good point Dean...:D

I've got two different rear tyres from when i bought the Supe in December...one dunlop sp9000 tyre and one michelin pilot tyre...:blink:

Im getting vibration at speed so im guessing one of the tyres hasnt been balanced...:rolleyes: