The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerials??

simonf

Hey was just in the Supra thinking that the car was looking well since it is 15 years old, and how it doesn't look its age bar one thing the motorised aerial at the back. The motor is starting to sound whiney and I feel gives the age of the Supra away. Most modern cars have the short little plastic jobby. I do like the BMW aerial that sits in the roof seems a lot of work for an aerial though,

has anyone else modernised their aerial LoL. In need of ideas LOL and to see what works.

do a search mate, it's been covered many times before.

Short stubby aerials require some work to get one to fit, as the parts reqd. are not readily available. I'm still searching for one....

You can use the aerial in the rear windscreen - again a search will reveal more info (don't expect the reception to be too good tho, it's ok just not great)

I have this same problem except i took the aerial out and had it blended over when the car was getting resprayed, now i cant think where to put one that actually works inside the car. If you do a search on here loads of people have put new ones on including s2000 aerials which look more modern

Dont get me wrong mate I love how the Stock Supra looks, my cars exterior is pretty much stock bar some aftermarket alloys, just think the car doesn't look its age but when your stud outside and you hear the whiney noise of the aeiral go up or down just I feel lets it down a little, plus my folks and some friends live in Blackpool so I visit there frequently and am always worried about a piss head bending it lol, it has happened :(.

personally think that short stubby aerials look rubbish, the proper motorised one looks class i think, think also that these cars are not getting any younger and that its a good thing to keep them original imho.

The proper motorised one has two problems:

1. It makes the car look like a remote controlled toy

2. It makes a stupid noise

;)

Would like to have it flush or as said one of them bmw style ones that sit in the middle of the roof but cant afford a full respray at the mo.

I took mine off, filled and sprayed the hole and used the rear window element plug behind the dash to get a ok-ish radio reception (certainly clear enough for me).