The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil stockists

ShamelessTT

Regular Driving - BPU or Less

5w40 - Silkolene Pro S

Halfords and a like havent got any of the above, where can i get some from? im not rating this Castrol stuff (ive been using in my Clio, and its pants so i want some Silkolene)

Cant find a local place in W-Mids that stocks it (well places i can get it from in store)......

Si

Edited by ShamelessTT (see edit history)

Well in the Clio, it just seemed to eat it......i didnt have the same problem with other oils.

Could be somethings got ti*s up with it and its getting pasted the piston rings or something but it runs fine just uses a bit (no blue smoke / black smoke). Its french, what more can i say, but im trying oil first.....

Its using about half a litre every 500 - 600 miles, but the usage seems to slow down once it gets half way down the dip stick.

Renault say, its within operation params for the 2.0 172 to use up to 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles. That seems hideous too me!!!!!!

Its well annoying that you cant walk into a local shop and get this Silkolene stuff!

Si

Edited by ShamelessTT (see edit history)