The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Horn still not working :(

Duffman

My horn aint workng at all...ive checked the fuse and the relay...had the multimeter out and it seems to be a circuit from the fusebox to the horn. So it seems that the problem lies between the steering wheel and the fusebox...anyone have any ideas???:search:

Are you sure that you don't have the problem at the horn itself, I've never had to touch mine so I'm not familiar with connections but that's where you normally encounter problems with corrosion or the connector being disturbed etc.

I connected a bulb and 2 wires across the power to the horn and the chassis. I got the missus to verify that the bulb lit when i pressed the horn. It did, so I knew it was the horn. Only cost a few quid, 5 -10 from an autofactors. Halfords sell them, but probably for a little bit more.

Just to add, this was on a 2002 yaris, and the horn was corroded as said, but I assume it would be a similar case for the supe.

Easier than that, get a bit of wire, disconnect the horn from its live connection and touch the horn connection to the battery live, if you hear it.. its not the horn.

I actually tested mine using a portable battery charger.