The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodywork advice

colsoop

I am thinking of prepping my car for a respray. I want to fill up various holes in the car from oem parts:

Aerial

Rear LEd brake light

Spoiler holes

Rear wiper arm.

My question is what is the best method for filling them ?

I thought it would be best to cut out metal to the shape of the various holes then welding said metal shapes in to place smoothing it over and then adding bodyfiller. Would this be the best way to go about it ?

Depends if you want it to be permanent, i was being lazy and i did all mine by cutting some thin SS sheet i had and prepping the underside, then used Sikaflex to glue the patch underneath, then once fully set 24 hours, i then prepped the surface and used fibreglass bridger paste, finished off with a skim of filler, you must remove all the Sikaflex that squeezes to the outside or you wont get good adhesion.

put metal plates behind the holes and fully weld then fill with filler. sometimes if you dont weld right round it can vibrate and crack the filler meaning you have to to it all again. as im a panelbeater ive done a few like that and they have worked out fine, good luck!