The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very amateur air filter heat shield

JamesC

Well i had a go of making my very own air filter heat shield. It wasn't quite as easy as expected but that was because trying to cut it with a hacksaw was a PITA. Not the best result but it should keep some of the warm engine air out! :innocent:

hmmm...

And i gave it a quick wash too ;)

Get it painteed or powdercoated or something it looks a bit plain as is.

Maybe get some of that weathering strip to put around the edges, that should clean it up :)

:yeahthat:

When you feel up to it you should have a go at cutting a hole in it for the top air duct so you have a cold feed going into it. :thumbs:

Yeah it does look a bit plain at the min, would take ages to polish up though!

Nice job, get it polished!!! Your car looks superb! Nice wheels

I thought you meant the car at first :innocent: i was thinking it did look shiney!!

:yeahthat:

When you feel up to it you should have a go at cutting a hole in it for the top air duct so you have a cold feed going into it. :thumbs:

Which top air duct? I thought there was only one from the bottom, under the light :think:

Which top air duct? I thought there was only one from the bottom, under the light :think:

The top air duct that goes over the fan shroud. As you can see from the picture you could cut a hole in your shield, then have the top air duct fitted for a cold air feed. ;)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4329/dsc00162kt6.jpg

Cheers fellas :)

Photos hide all the scratches etc ;)

God I hate how good your Supra looks.

Heading to the next JNE meet? If so, bring some Quick Detailer spray.

Wipe off the drool :D

Lol, that Quik Detailer always seems to leave loads of fine scratches after using it! Yeah i'll probably head down though, when is it?

The top air duct that goes over the fan shroud. As you can see from the picture you could cut a hole in your shield, then have the top air duct fitted for a cold air feed. ;)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4329/dsc00162kt6.jpg

Is that standard? Mine doesn't have one of them, It already had a HKS filter on when it came over on the boat! :(

Yeah it is part of the standard airbox, post in the wanted section should get one for a tenner. Then you can have a play with it ;)

Ah, cheers will do :thumbs:

lovely car mate, stock black body in good nic reminds me of mine, sadly :( missing it lots since the sun is coming out

Dig deep and buy another :D