The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stage 2 400 bhp kit

L33

looking at getting the above kit from whifbitz site, this includes...

full decat pipes,

fuel cut defencer,

uprated fuel pump,

uprated spark plugs,

boost controller

does any one have this kit or recommend this kit?

is there any thing i need to think of also? will j spec standard turbos handle it? will i need to do any extra work aswell as fitting these? i am planning on getting a remap after work is done to make sure its all set up.

im only looking to get around 400bhp then start on the body work so this would be ideal but i know little about engine upgrades so need advice on what to look for!

my car wil already have a greddy spec m intercooler on as of next week, and already have a nur spec cat back, so is 400bhp a possible figure?

cheers

Lee

i bought this set up from whifbitz with an intercooler and induction kit, paul and his guys also fitted the lot.

i smiled all the way home, alot more mid range and top end power, quicker spool up of the turbos!

you will need a restrictor ring though or the turbos will over boost !

ye i have emailed asking if it comes with a restrictor ring, if you buy the decats separate, the restrictor ring is ony 5 quid any way!

how much was fitting if you dont mind me asking!

i would of got a intercooler but have already paid a deposit on the spec M

i have a induction kit but want to get a apexi one eventually, mine wil tie me over tho

paul fitted the whole lot for 400 quid, but that was with the intercooler and induction kit, i already had the exhaust system 2nd decat and fcd.

i was told i was looking at 420bhp but i think after speaking to some of the guys on this site that is a little optamistic !

A genuine 400 BHP from a BPU car is very rare, not to say it hasn't been achieved, but its generally down to RR;) not seen one at SRR yet.

Is SRR regardes as giving the lowest figures? Surely that doesn't mean they are the most accurate?

At the wheels is the only real figure to go on anyway :D

id be impressed to see 400 at the wheels from bpu :p

Mines 392 at the fly. i dont think ill get much more :p

Go to america ;)

390 is about the norm iirc. You could probably get over 400 with a stand alone ecu though.

Thats what i'm going for. FWHP is for pub talk, RWHP is a measured value. Of course if you use a bench dyno you will get the proper engine horsepower but not many people go to all that bother.

but is the cost of a standalone ecu and mapping worth the extra bhp? I wouldnt say so.

I'm not getting one for the extra bhp alone. I'm planning on getting one for economy, features, power, futureproof and TTC tuning.

In my opinion its the best addition to BPU as the ecu was never designed for it.

it sounds very expensive to gain 10 bhp, or can it offer more with other mods?

It offers a lot more than 10bhp

You get a proper map right through the rev range giving maximum torque and maximum bhp right through the rev range. The stock ecu was never mapped for this. It also means that if you ever want to go single you have that option.

I'm guessing you won't know what mapping is though?

TBH you are going to have to do a LOT of reading. If all you want is pub bragging rights then just say you have 400bhp, noone will argue ;)

Never said i wanted bragging rights just asking a question!

I didn't mean you did. 400bhp fly is basically just a random number though. The RWHP is the true reflection of the cars power as the engine has to use energy to turn the wheels (and the transmission). The trouble is the figure is never going to be as big so it doesn't give you the same bragging rights with your mates.

You can basically get whatever power you want, if you have the money.

The big point being missed here is that the std twins are not capable of more than 400BHP, as to achieve this figure (assuming its possible:p) the boost pressure required would put the turbos out of there efficiency range and you end up pumping hot air and lose power, which is why i said its down to which RR you use;)

adding a stand alone or piggyback ECU will not suddenly make a BPU TT make a lot more power, the only real way to get more than 400BHP is to use hybrids preferably in TTC mode add an ECU, preferably with cams, then 450BHP is achievable, but that is about the limit, unless you go to the states;)