The mkiv Supra Owners Club

exporting to Sweden - what's the process

razza

ok, so take cash, get it paid into bank before handing keys over, take a copy of passport.

what part of the V5 do I need to fill in, what documents do I give him, and what do I keep?

I haven't heard anymore from my guy in Sweden but if he does make it tomorrow I need to be clued up on what to do when selling abroad.

Thanks

D.

mine went to Sweden - great blokes - was late so i just bought a cash "checker" pen as couldn't go to bank.

i just filled out their new details and sent off as usual!

:)

how the hell do "Cash Checker" pens work? Is that where you just draw a line across the notes?

Hi Jurgen.

Are you coming over, the 6th of june?

It's is going to be big, and lots of half naked women ;)

I spoke to you at "vmax live". I was with Kåre.

Sorry for the hijack, razza...

hi mate, i am at a wedding on june 7th and its my birthday june 8 so have to stay here, but i might be going to gatebill-are you going to that ???

haven't heard from him, so doesn't look like it's going to happen tomorrow now, I'll have to wait and see....:(

I was actually gonna post something about this kind of thing to warn other people who are currently selling there Supras.

I had someone on here claiming to be from Sweden PM me wanting to buy mine who then at the last minute wanted to haggle the price, I refused but he then came back saying he would buy at the agreed price and wanted my bank details so he could transfer the money before travelling!

I found this very strange as he wanted all my details including my address, basically everything needed to set up anything in my name!

razza, feel free to pm me in case its the same person who could well be a potential scammer. That goes for anyone who has had the same happen.

how the hell do "Cash Checker" pens work? Is that where you just draw a line across the notes?

yeah thats it mate - however my mate bought an ultra violet light to check the money - while i took the bloke out for a test drive he sat in the car with the blokes firend and counted it all! :)

reference to the above, i wouldn't give any details except reg number and phone number before meeting ANYONE. They will bring cash - make sure its pounds not euros too.

I was actually gonna post something about this kind of thing to warn other people who are currently selling there Supras.

I had someone on here claiming to be from Sweden PM me wanting to buy mine who then at the last minute wanted to haggle the price, I refused but he then came back saying he would buy at the agreed price and wanted my bank details so he could transfer the money before travelling!

I found this very strange as he wanted all my details including my address, basically everything needed to set up anything in my name!

razza, feel free to pm me in case its the same person who could well be a potential scammer. That goes for anyone who has had the same happen.

the guy buying mine wanted my bank details etc to pay me a deposit but wasnt an axe weilding maniac and paid the full price for the car with no haggling. Lovely chap and perhaps its more their nature to be accomodating and not mess people about on a deal.