The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just got back from the bodyshop at toyota

TurboBrett

just got back from the body shop at pentagon Doncaster (Toyota) after having the damage- repair valuation and he said its going to need a new quarter panel so its not going to be bodged and filled:d with all the fitting and finishing he estimates about £2k and he is going to look in to getting the wheel fixed but said it might work that i get them refurbed send them the bill and they will repay 1/4 of it.

The guy is a big fan of jap cars and said he will make sure it comes out better than it did first time round:)

he said the company he is dealing with on my behalf is known for finding the best like for like courtesy car and i might end up with something like an evo or a z4:d

cant wait to see the end result,

pics of damage here Clicky

he said the company he is dealing with on my behalf is known for finding the best like for like courtesy car and i might end up with something like an evo or a z4:d

They're not that good then :p

Good luck with the repair work Brett :thumbs:

thanks for the support guys but had to go back to toyota today for them to take down more chassis detail as the insurance company have filed for a write off:( the guy at toyota said he hit the roof and he's putting a case togeather, he said it is no way a write off, he recons the insurance are craping tham selves over the cost of a suitable curtasy car:blink: id i might end up with a aygo but atleast the supe will be back to factory quality repair

im not happy obviously:( just want the supe fixed

btw final repair quote 2600quid

Guest mattsupra

ouch thats a lot of pennys to repair mate

my alfa sportwagon got hit up the arse by a bus and cost £3300 to repair in total and i was hoping it was going to be written off but they repired it instead

but it dont matter what car you get to use as long as you do and the supe is al sorted out mate

good luck with it all and keep us informed

matt

just got back from the body shop at pentagon Doncaster (Toyota) after having the damage- repair valuation and he said its going to need a new quarter panel so its not going to be bodged and filled:d with all the fitting and finishing he estimates about £2k and he is going to look in to getting the wheel fixed but said it might work that i get them refurbed send them the bill and they will repay 1/4 of it.

The guy is a big fan of jap cars and said he will make sure it comes out better than it did first time round:)

cant wait to see the end result,

pics of damage here Clicky

Ouch! Just looked at the pic of your damaged supe...christ thats bad!!

Hope it all works out for you and you get her fully repaired...:)

£2k !! i had similar damage to my rear quarter and it was £650 that was panel replaced too.

this is a rear quarter replace ment and spray i though £2600 was alot but i was also told the quarters are £750 for the part, you recon they are pulling my leg? i know its toyota and all but you recon i could get it done cheaper?

this is a rear quarter replace ment and spray i though £2600 was alot but i was also told the quarters are £750 for the part, you recon they are pulling my leg? i know its toyota and all but you recon i could get it done cheaper?

Without doubt you could get it done cheaper mate.

Toyota will bend you/the insurers over with a job like this :taped:

If it were me, going on how things have gone with Pentagons quote I would start looking for a few recommended independant bodyshops and get a price based on you getting a new 1/4 through someone like Steve Manley at I would imagine less than Pentagon wanted for it... (would be worth getting a price anyway)

and for them to do the complete repair job with 1/4 supplied.

IF the insurers will do it like this but Im sure with a bit of jiggery pokery if the garage agree to get the panel through your supplier with discount then it it totally legit I would imagine.

The only good bodyshops I know of in South Yorkshire are in Sheffield and are:

Snuff Mill Garage

Eccleshall Road, Sheffield

Ask for Nick in the bodyshop (he is sh*t hot and runs the bodyshop)

or 'Jon John Bee Vehicle Repairs' iirc

Address:

658 Abbeydale Road, Sheffield, S7 2BB

Telephone:

Im sure there are others but having had several bad experiences in the past with joke 'bodywreckershops' (have traded a fair few cars in the past and needed lots of bodywork done along the way) these are the only two i would recommend to get a pukka job.

It may be a bit far to travel but in case not the first one is superb and genned up on modern cars and do a lot of insurance repairs

The second one are more 'artists' and do loads of classic cars like Aston Martins, fully restored MGBs etc (resprays)

They also do modern cars (Ive seen all sorts there Boxsters, TVRs etc) but Ive only had rust repair done by them in the past (chopped part of a panel out and custom beat a new shaped piece fitted and then resprayed the fully treated etc rear wing. It was immaculate.)

They charge a bit more but as above, are very good.

hth

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

3 years ago a rear repair panel from Toyota was £850 (maybe less these days). It's a very major job to replace one due to all the cutting, welding and finishing required so the price seems about right to me.

Ouch :blink:

It is certainly a big job though for a competent bodyshop it shouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Ouch :blink:

It is certainly a big job though for a competent bodyshop it shouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Agreed. It's not something you'd want a backstreet bodyshop to do, a rear qtr repair is a major job and very difficult to do right.

BTW Turbobrett, just to clarify, you are not paying for this yourself are you?

im bloody not no, he hit me:D

i dont like the thought of a backstreet garage bodging it, tbh i dont care how much it costs it was perfect when he hit me, so it should be perfect when i drive out however, the insurance are being the arse about it, i have no doubt to pentagons abilities they seem very well kitted out and there all enthusiasts so i expect them to be great at there job, i just want my car fixed to how it was before... he should have looked before reversing, they should pay obviously its not that simple:(

If you're not paying and it's being done by Toyota then why worry about costs?! Toyota normally deliver to a very high standard when it comes to bodywork (at least they do around here), plus the work is always warranted.

They are seriously expensive, but thats not your problem, is it ;)

The car should come back better than it was before, expect/demand nothing less from Toyota.

If you're not paying and it's being done by Toyota then why worry about costs?! Toyota normally deliver to a very high standard when it comes to bodywork (at least they do around here), plus the work is always warranted.

They are seriously expensive, but thats not your problem, is it ;)

The car should come back better than it was before, expect/demand nothing less from Toyota.

I agree totally.

Though I thought the problem the OP had was that the insurers were threatening to write it off?

Doh...its late. I recall it was due to possible hire car costs :search:

in that case get pentagon to do it and stick the bill to the insurers providing they will pay...

Out of interest.

What car was this guy driving?

and HOW FAST was he going when he reversed into you? it looks like more than a little shunt to have dented the 1/4 so badly :search:

its going through a middle man on my insurers behalf, a company called angel assist, if they do go further and write it off ill reject every thing through them and have a word with his insurance company direct ive been told thats not the best thing to do but its worked in the past for my dad,

i have drawn a picture of how it happend, i dont know how fast he was going but he must have just swung out the bay regardless as it kicked my backend about 6 inches or so i cant have been going over 10mph and there was a 90 corner about 5 meters away and agreed i was in the middle of the road:d

crash.JPG

insurance called again,

due to our resent call from pentagon toyota, doncaster we understand that our initial valuation of your car was wrong and the car will not be written off, we are sorry for the inconvenience and our new value of your car means the repairs can go ahead

result goes in to toyota on tuesday 2 pm,:D now i just need to get out off work :eyebrows:

i will not get an evo:(, they cannot afford to insure me on it (there words:taped:)so i will probably be getting a passat or new vectra, i can save some pennies on fuel:D