The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Now running 1.6 BAR

jevansio

I've just come in after spending the last 2 hours with Ryan upping the boost & general tinkering with the map.

We started by upping the boost to 1.4 BAR & it started missing like mad, it was about time the plugs were changed so we came back to mine & put a fresh set in (grade 8 too as opposed to 7 which was what was in).

It sorted the miss straight away, basically after a number of motorway runs Ryan had done it's stuff. The car is mental now, 3rd gear really makes your guts turn & in this weather traction is great.

Going to try & get some launching practice in now then a run to a RWYB day at York :D

Big thanks to Ryan for delivering the goods again :thumbs:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy mother of......:faint::D

Nice one mate sounds like a beast ,

Nice one Jay. :thumbs:

Mucho thanks guys :D

Nice one, time for another dyno run perhaps :innocent:

Cheers Dean, I think the only dyno worth going on now is SSR, all other figures are pointless as dynos vary so much.

Was the jump from 1.4 to 1.6 bar as significant as the jump from 1.2 to 1.4? Does the spool slow down once it starts getting past 1.4 bar or does it continue to ramp up at the same speed?

IME, there was a massive power increase between 1.2 and 1.4 once the turbo is fully online. Interested to see if the extra .2bar behaves in the same way.

Oh and congrats, ready for some summer use too :D

Was the jump from 1.4 to 1.6 bar as significant as the jump from 1.2 to 1.4? Does the spool slow down once it starts getting past 1.4 bar or does it continue to ramp up at the same speed?

IME, there was a massive power increase between 1.2 and 1.4 once the turbo is fully online. Interested to see if the extra .2bar behaves in the same way.

Oh and congrats, ready for some summer use too :D

When it was running 1.4 (I think it was actually closer to 1.3 TBH 19 PSI) it would pull relentlessly to the redline, it felt like it was getting stronger & stronger & I frequently would hit the 7200 limiter.

Now at 1.6 you can tell it's dropping off in the higher RPMs. Ryan wanted me to hold the revs until we got to the limiter, to me it felt like I needed to change a hundred or so RPMs earlier (obviously he just wanted to check everything was OK all the way up).

It's hard to say if this .2 was as good as the last one, I reckon it's pretty damn close, but it's def past it's peak. Maybe it's because it's really a .3 up for me as to why it feels so much stronger.

Remember those cold dry autumn mornings when the car would feel insane, then the warm weather comes & the edge goes, it feels better than it felt in the autumn, but the grip is awesome :D

It's hard to say if this .2 was as good as the last one, I reckon it's pretty damn close, but it's def past it's peak. Maybe it's because it's really a .3 up for me as to why it feels so much stronger.

Remember those cold dry autumn mornings when the car would feel insane, then the warm weather comes & the edge goes, it feels better than it felt in the autumn, but the grip is awesome :D

Cool, thanks for the reply, always interesting to hear 1st hand feedback :)

And yes, the cold vs warm thing is swings and roundabouts! :D Power or grip, power or grip... :search:

Cool, thanks for the reply, always interesting to hear 1st hand feedback :)

And yes, the cold vs warm thing is swings and roundabouts! :D Power or grip, power or grip... :search:

No worries :D,

It still feels very unsettled when you're nailing it in a straight line in 3rd, I think that's only be sorted with some 18's & a trip to CW though.

I'll get my camera & do some vids of me against Michel to compare the GT40 against his SP74

No worries :D,

It still feels very unsettled when you're nailing it in a straight line in 3rd, I think that's only be sorted with some 18's & a trip to CW though.

I'll get my camera & do some vids of me against Michel to compare the GT40 against his SP74

Good to see you again Jay,

Much prefer the setup of the car now its stripped. Goes like a rocket :D

Michel was mentioning a T51 spl tonight after i mentioned yours would give his a run for its money :p

Right, time to hit the pillow off to leeds tomorrow

Ryan

What's the most boost anyone runs on a day to day basis on a 2JZ-GTE?

Mine used to run 1.4bar every day and never missed a beat (stock engine and T67dbb turbo). It did about 5k of hard miles before I sold it last year, to this day the engine is still running very strong, a recent leakdown test showed very healthy results indeed.