The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there an easy way to tell if I have UK or Jap turbos?

Jim_1979

I have a Jspec TT which the previous owner said had UK spec turbos fitted. He was a member on here and I have no reason to doubt him, I just want to make sure.

I noticed yesterday while doing an oil change that the car still has the first cat fitted and I'm looking to fully decat. 2nd cat is already off the car etc and the car is fully BPU with the exception of the first cat still there.

Anyway.... cheers for the help.

Oh, where's best place to pick up a 1st decat pipe if it is UK spec?

thanks

Have a run against a car with J-specs. If you pull out a decent lead then you have the superior UK turbo's :D

You've got that a bit back to front m8 ;)

If you decat and it doesn't overboost, they're UK specs (larger wastegate). Boost gauge required obviously!!!

Cheers,

Brian.

You've got that a bit back to front m8 ;)

If you decat and it doesn't overboost, they're UK specs (larger wastegate). Boost gauge required obviously!!!

Cheers,

Brian.

I'm running BPU apart from the fact that the first cat is still there.

So... see if I overboost or not. lol. That the easiest way? :)

templewaters was his name.

He got UK suspension and UK turbos fitted from a low mileage car that a garage he used had in.

Supposedly 2 chaps run the garage who know alot about Supras (well known?). He's from Hull. One called Andy maybe?