The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick lowering question...

Jim_1979

I have a Jspec TT with UK suspension.

The car sits quite high, so I'm looking to lower it asap. Coilovers etc are out of the question price wise at the moment.

The car seems to sit higher at the front than the rear at the moment. Would it look ok with a 40mm drop all round?

cheers

get some mates round and get em to sit in the car while you take a picture;)

thats about as helpfull as i can be im afraid, i think mine is lowered slightly (on hks springs) it looks good but as i have not had it next to another stock supra i cant say, dont forget lowering the ride hight will also change the suspension geometry

Guest mattsupra
got some kyb shocks if you want them :eyebrows:

no you dont someone has said "ill take them please" lol

im also in the same boat as jim as i want mine lowering and im on 19"s as my front also sits higher but im unsure how much as its a rough ride already and very stiff as it is plus im changing the back tyres to 255 as its got 275 at the mo so i can lower it if need be but whats the best out there that wont break the bank?

matt

im running a n/a auto though lol

Im in the same boat too. the fronts sit ok but the rears are a little high. I want some tein super streets but may opt for some eibach springs which nic recommends with the bilstiens. Im on 19s too so my concern would be rubbing. I know Gaz1 had his archers rolled with his 19s.

I'm 40mm all round. Looks ok, but its a bit low for my tastes. The wheel doesn't follow the arch anymore, also I have given me a lot of problems with the 3" piping scraping under the middle of the car. Took a lot of cutting and welding to get it to sit right. Also, my tires seem to be worn a bit too much on the inner side, also due to the lowering. This is over 15k miles though.

If you need more info, let me know

Guest Garfy

I've got these springs on ebay at the moment, I'm pretty sure they are the same as TRD ones, all I can say is, if you bid and win them, and they turn out not to do what you want, if you post them back to me within a reasonable amount of time (say 2 weeks) I'll refund you the purchase price less postage.

Might be worth a try.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260239764489&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Jim, why do you not just get hold of a J-Spec suspension? This will lower your car and not sacrafice the handling. iirc (could be wrong) the J-Spec springs sit the car about 12mm lower. It will also stiffin the suspension up as UK set up is soft.

Know of anyone with them for sale?

Know of anyone with them for sale?

Dpends on your budget, Nic sells Bilsteins which are regarded as one of if not the best shocks available (before going to coilovers) I am sure someone will have a set of J-Spec springs.

I think I have a set of J-spec Springs you can have free of charge but no way of packaging them, I could send them up with my dad when he comes down for a visit in a couple of weeks, He stays in East Lothian.

PM if you want them and I will check for sure that I do still have them.

Guest mattsupra

thats the thing with mine

ive got a jspec n/a and it seems a really hard ride and no give in the shocks at all (well feels like it anyways lol ) and mine is up in the air on the front compared to the rear so i want to lower it to make it sit right but the only thing is i dont know if i have lowered or uprated stock size springs on it

is there anyway you can tell if there stock or aftermarket without taking them off ?

matt

Guest Garfy
If you've got them at the end of the month mate, I'll take them.

give me a shout at the end of the month then mate, if their still here their yours

Jim, why do you not just get hold of a J-Spec suspension? This will lower your car and not sacrafice the handling. iirc (could be wrong) the J-Spec springs sit the car about 12mm lower. It will also stiffin the suspension up as UK set up is soft.

Mine looked like it had 4x4 suspension, ready to go dakar-rallying, when it had its orignal J-spec/eibach suspension...

Mine looked like it had 4x4 suspension, ready to go dakar-rallying, when it had its orignal J-spec/eibach suspension...

Must have been something up with it then, I had stock shocks and Eibachs and it dropped it a fair bit, so much so I could never clear speed bumps.

With my next Supra I vowed never to lower it, and I actually preferred the ride on the stock springs and I only had clearence issues when I went over very high speed bumps.

Must have been something up with it then, I had stock shocks and Eibachs and it dropped it a fair bit, so much so I could never clear speed bumps.

With my next Supra I vowed never to lower it, and I actually preferred the ride on the stock springs and I only had clearence issues when I went over very high speed bumps.

Thats weird as mine was bone stock. Even had the 16" j-spec wheels on it, all screws in place in the interior an so. Had the yellow toyota/eibach shocks and everything end I even found yen lying around ;)

But again, it didn't look like off-road suspention untill it got 18" wheels, but still sounds weird to me though. check the pic from when it just got to the UK.

supraORIG1.jpg

Thats weird as mine was bone stock. Even had the 16" j-spec wheels on it, all screws in place in the interior an so. Had the yellow toyota/eibach shocks and everything end I even found yen lying around ;)

But again, it didn't look like off-road suspention untill it got 18" wheels, but still sounds weird to me though. check the pic from when it just got to the UK.

That looks fettled with. I've never seen a J-Spec that high off the ground lol.