The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sold my car to Sweden

razza

Just had a call from a guy in Sweden, coming on Wednesday to pick it up.

I feel like crying....

Just need to find a new car now, anyone know a good MR2 t-bar turbo or aerotop n/a for sale.

I will be looking to buy by the weekend, as just had the missus go off on one as we'll be without a car running this close to the wedding (I just can't win with her at the moment:()

What's the watchouts I need to be careful off, obviosuly if he's paying cash go to the bank with him and get them to verify the notes etc. But waht paperwork should I be checking for?

how much do they go for,?

not a lot

and how costly are they to run?

quite a bit :D

Sorry to hear your car may be sold mate....a lot of Supras seem to be going to Sweden these days :search:

I would say these are the things you need to be wary of:

Get all money checked and banked before the car goes anywhere.

If the guy doesnt want to bring all cash get him to pay say 7.5k by bank transfer (at his costs) before he comes,(would have to be cleared obviously) and then on arrival he just pays you the amount owing.

As for paperwork, Im not sure what you do about that TBO, maybe one of the importers on here will be able to tell you.

Get him to bring his passport and drivers license...so you will at least be 100% what his identity is.. (photocopy one of them)

good luck anyway

What about a Mk2 Spider - super rare? Check sig :D

too much I'm afraid, only have a budget of around £5k as need to put a lump sum into the wedding/clear my debts from the engine saga, hence the downgrade from the supe:(

Was yours at japfest by the way? Looked nice:cool:

too much I'm afraid, only have a budget of around £5k as need to put a lump sum into the wedding/clear my debts from the engine saga, hence the downgrade from the supe:(

Was yours at japfest by the way? Looked nice:cool:

Not mine bud. I was hungover to feck and missed JapFest. Only got in about 45 mins before I was due to leave lol

thanks, maybe with a TT conversion:eyebrows: still falls into budget:sly:

I'm working hard to convince myself I don't need it, I have some money but need to get a car that does more mpg :(. Buy it, take it away, hide it for a while (I'll cry, there will be tears) then bring it back even shinier! Please.

Just had a call from a guy in Sweden, coming on Wednesday to pick it up.

I feel like crying....

Just need to find a new car now, anyone know a good MR2 t-bar turbo or aerotop n/a for sale.

I will be looking to buy by the weekend, as just had the missus go off on one as we'll be without a car running this close to the wedding (I just can't win with her at the moment:()

What's the watchouts I need to be careful off, obviosuly if he's paying cash go to the bank with him and get them to verify the notes etc. But waht paperwork should I be checking for?

And it was just yesterday we were standing next to your car and you were saying that you weren't going to sell!

Shame on you! You FAIL lol! :D :p

Congrats on the quick sale bud (hope mine goes as fast lol).

If the notes check out at the bank then I supose you just chuck him the keys and inform the DVLA that its been exported. Dont think the guy needs the V5 as thats for british registered cars.

And it was just yesterday we were standing next to your car and you were saying that you weren't going to sell!

Shame on you! You FAIL lol! :D :p

I never said that:innocent:

Congrats on the quick sale bud (hope mine goes as fast lol).

I was shocked to be honest, literally reduced to £10.5k and got the call. I'm now on a bit of a mission to get another car. He wanted to come and pick it up tomorrow ("Hi, I'm from Sweden, i come buy your car tomorrow") but I'm on a course for 2 days. I had a price I wouldn't go below and he offered it, so job done. Off pistonheads;)

I never said that:innocent:

I was shocked to be honest, literally reduced to £10.5k and got the call. I'm now on a bit of a mission to get another car. He wanted to come and pick it up tomorrow ("Hi, I'm from Sweden, i come buy your car tomorrow") but I'm on a course for 2 days. I had a price I wouldn't go below and he offered it, so job done. Off pistonheads;)

I had a PM very simular unfortunalty the car is still in the body shop until tomorrow (grr)