The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it me or are there really stupid drivers out there.

toyotasupra1980

Hiya all joseph here from llanishen cardiff, i drive a modded 1993 toyota supra n/a auto, estimated 230 - 240bhp.

I would rather talk about supra's and modding them but i really have to get this of my chest cos it plain pisses me off, this is a serious matter.

Now i am guessing allot of you supra owners had a similar experience as i did, here is the story:

Friday morning at around 1pm i left my family restaurant near the globe centre in albany road, going up cruis road and had some retard in a vectra up my ass,i ahte people driving close to me so i boot it right up to the top of the road doing nearly 100mph with him looking like a dot in my mirror, i slow down for the bumps at the top of the road....

suddenly i hear a skid, and i see the same asshole inches away from hitting my back end, i start shaking my head and keep going with him still up my ass, so i boot it again leaving the retard for dust doing nearly 80mph coming upto the first round about near roath park lake just before the bridge, i slow down again and he starts to accelerate up my ass,why he did not give up i dont know.

so i boot it again leaving him for dust a 3rd time in a row doing 80mph near the roath park lake then i start to slow down for the bends because i dont want to lose the back end, and guess what as soon as i slow down, here comes the retard, but he tries to over take me, so i block him from going past as soon as i go back to the correct side of the road he goes to overtake a second time by this time he is revving really hard and is alongside my car on the wrong side of the road, so i start to accelerate and he still could not pass me, he turned off once we reached the roundabout near cardiff high.

have any of you had this problem having some idiot in a piece of shit car actually believe that he has a hope in hell of beating you? a supra or any jap sports car, i had the same trouble in my FTO before i got the supra and still there are people who have to learn the hard way.:search:

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

A lot of it goes on i think but you're openly admitting 100mph on public roads near speed bumps, blocking people overtaking etc and then complaining about other stupid drivers about? :D

i am not saying what i did was right, i do have a bad temper and just want to get home from hard days work.:search:

I have had an idiot park his car sideways behind, in the wet... I was not doing anything silly, he just misjudged the braking distance...

However, 100mph in the sort of roads you are talking about, seems pretty damn silly as well.............

i am 28, i am a really good driver, 7 years no claims,no problems and i agree what i did was wrong a should not be done on public roads, should have known better,and should only be done on track but i know people have done the same thing, and to say they did not...well i dont know, but i am seriously re-evaluating my attitude when driving, time to hit the health club and chill out i think, stress what a concept ;-)

i am 28, i am a really good driver, 7 years no claims,no problems and i agree what i did was wrong a should not be done on public roads, should have known better,and should only be done on track but i know people have done the same thing, and to say they did not...well i dont know, but i am seriously re-evaluating my attitude when driving, time to hit the health club and chill out i think, stress what a concept ;-)

good choice

:D

Most folks 'think' they are 'a really good driver'... :sly:

The facts as viewed by others are often very different ;)

Yes there are lots of stupid drivers out there, and yes we can all act like idiots when someone gets us worked up - but I think you went a bit far! I'll only usually 'play' on the motorway, any limit 50 or under I stick to as it's just not worth it, slow down and let them get pissed off / pass :). I would think with your flooring it he thought you were having a play/egging him on..

Hiya all joseph here from llanishen cardiff, i drive a modded 1993 toyota supra n/a auto, estimated 230 - 240bhp.

I would rather talk about supra's and modding them but i really have to get this of my chest cos it plain pisses me off, this is a serious matter.

Now i am guessing allot of you supra owners had a similar experience as i did, here is the story:

Friday morning at around 1pm i left my family restaurant near the globe centre in albany road, going up cruis road and had some retard in a vectra up my ass,i ahte people driving close to me so i boot it right up to the top of the road doing nearly 100mph with him looking like a dot in my mirror, i slow down for the bumps at the top of the road....

suddenly i hear a skid, and i see the same asshole inches away from hitting my back end, i start shaking my head and keep going with him still up my ass, so i boot it again leaving the retard for dust doing nearly 80mph coming upto the first round about near roath park lake just before the bridge, i slow down again and he starts to accelerate up my ass,why he did not give up i dont know.

so i boot it again leaving him for dust a 3rd time in a row doing 80mph near the roath park lake then i start to slow down for the bends because i dont want to lose the back end, and guess what as soon as i slow down, here comes the retard, but he tries to over take me, so i block him from going past as soon as i go back to the correct side of the road he goes to overtake a second time by this time he is revving really hard and is alongside my car on the wrong side of the road, so i start to accelerate and he still could not pass me, he turned off once we reached the roundabout near cardiff high.

have any of you had this problem having some idiot in a piece of shit car actually believe that he has a hope in hell of beating you? a supra or any jap sports car, i had the same trouble in my FTO before i got the supra and still there are people who have to learn the hard way.:search:

I had this yesterday, i was driving back from Japfest and was doing 40 mph in a 40 and behind me there was a trail of traffic and out of the blue,

this taxi WITH passenger's comes up and does a 2 car overtake - me included!

There was also another car coming the other way while he was overtaking in his Skoda! :blink:

Another time, i was driving a Proton Persona when my supe was in the garage, this car is up my a*se and he overtakes me on a blind hill on the wrong

side of a mini roundabout! Idiot! :blink:

It is one of the hazards of owning and using a car which is/looks fast. Every F1 wannabe driver will be right up behind you so they can tell thier mates they overtook a supra or something. Best thing is to ignore them, they arent worth the petrol.

but still, whether you think your a good driver or not, try stopping your car from 100mph when someone crosses the road not expecting you to be driving at those speeds, just to get away from somoene trying to race !!:badidea: