The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2008

tarcase

Just got back. Thanks to Lui for the convoy. Only live 5 miles from Castle Coombe but went to Reading for the trip back - fantastic but exhausted.

As usual the Japfest, I think, should have had more stalls and the driving was a bit tiresome (if you are a regular to the track).

Anyway, did anyone see that 6 wheeler Citroen on the M4? Weird. Thanks again Lui. Lovely car.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just got back. Really enjoyed today, fantastic crowd of people and a friendly atmosphere :thumbs:

The 100+ Jap car convoy on the way there was quite a sight (even from the back of it!), the show it'self seemed well organised, though it was a little crowed. It was kind of a blessing that our club stand was away from the main thoroughfare as we had plenty more room than most of the clubs. We had 110 cars on our stand, so was the largest there by some margin.

Shame to hear about the Supra smash on the way there... someone ran into Jody T's brothers car :(

Thanks very much to Lui for organising today :thumbs:

I'll put up some video later

Well done to Lui for organizing this :thumbs: Good to see many of the regular faces and meet so many new ones, glad the rain stayed away this time. More stands than normal to look round which was good. All in all a good day. Even managed a spirited drive back home with a subaru which was nice for me, and not so nice for him as he kept getting left behind ;)

Guest DevilsAdvocate

Well, despite the forecasts and contary to the predictions of the 'prophets of doom' the weather didn't turn out too bad after all. An excellent Soop turnout - I didn't count them all 'cos I'm not quite that sad. The convoy from Reading managed to stick together quite well, arriving at Castle Coombe at about 08:30 ish.

A Jolly good day all round, thanks chaps and chapettes. :)

Reading

Japfest1.JPG

Castle Coombe

Japfest2.JPG

Smokin'

Japfest3.JPG

Roy and Kaz

Well done to Lui for organizing this :thumbs: Good to see many of the regular faces and meet so many new ones, glad the rain stayed away this time. More stands than normal to look round which was good. All in all a good day. Even managed a spirited drive back home with a subaru which was nice for me, and not so nice for him as he kept getting left behind ;)

Yeh that well done to lui.Topgun we did see each other but did not get to talk,have to say your baby is looking very sweet.See you at a chippy meet sometime.

Yeh that well done to lui.Topgun we did see each other but did not get to talk,have to say your baby is looking very sweet.See you at a chippy meet sometime.

Hopefully see you at the mini meet in june if your going and we can catch up then :)

Hi all

Just got back from Japfest and was very impressed. It was the first owners club event I have attended and was really good to meet all of the members. Here are a couple of pictures I took of the midlands convoy and at japfest itself, will have some videos hopefully tomorrow

japfest1.jpg

japfest2.jpg

japfest3.jpg

japfest4.jpg

japfest5.jpg

japfest6.jpg

what a long day! but the convoy made it all worth while! thanks Lui for organising this for us.

Was nice to put a few faces/names to usernames and chat to those I haven't seen since JAE.

And i noticed you had your special supra club plate on your car ;)